1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone been to Belize?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Jul 17, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Heading to Belize next week with my daughter for a school sponsored field trip. Pretty much have activities every day. Any suggestions? Thinking about taking my GoPro for videos of zip lining the rain forest canopy, cave tubing, and snorkeling at a coral reef. Good idea or no?

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Swim with crocodiles at night.

Mot Okstef, Kris87 and ChemGuy like this.
  3. fastedyamaha

That might be in direct conflict with my plan to bang some hot local women!

4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Hookers and Blow?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I hear the flesh eating bacteria is to die for.

t11ravis, sharkattack, TLR67 and 2 others like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Swimming with Crocs might be safer than trying to bang the local woman...

TLR67 and beechkingd like this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Let me know how it goes. Thinking of going for dive trip next year

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Would that be with the hot local women?

9. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

If you go cave tubing you might want to have your daughter wear (or at least bring) a rash guard and shorts. Some of the little fish nibble and it pinches on bare skin. When we went some of the girls in bikinis were getting uncomfortably sharp little bites on their lower back and upper thighs, but the fish didn't bother any areas covered with fabric. It isn't bad and doesn't leave marks, just uncomfortable on sensitive skin areas. It didn't seem to bother anyone on arms or lower legs, and it only happened in certain places, not the during the whole float.

Getting to touch the nurse sharks and rays is cool, there are tours that take you out to do that.

10. fastedyamaha

I should have known better with this place but I’m chaperoning a bunch of high school kids. There will be no hookers nor blow involved in my limited free time. Back to my original query. Anyone ever used a GoPro to shoot vacation video?

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I've used my old Go Pro for shooting family vacation when we were in the water and it was great. For dry stuff, the phone did a better job since it doesn't have the fisheye (wideangle) lens.

12. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

The GoPro does not like low light situations. The cave tubing sounds like low light. In the other situations, if you stay shallow it should do ok.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Make sure you watch Mad Dogs before your trip.

14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I used my GoPro in Belize for everything from diving, cave tubing, and the ruins. Works fine. I'd at least take it.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Pre trip suicide is the only logical answer.

Sorry, bro.

Senna and Mot Okstef like this.
  16. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Yes, take your GoPro. Which one do you have?

17. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

@fastedyamaha Definitely report back on your experience there. I've been looking at Belize as a place to retire as the cost of living looks pretty cheap and it seems to be really laid back there.

18. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

This.

Belize does not tax retirement income either. We’re going down to do recon November 2020

19. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

cpettit likes this.
  20. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I know it's a popular place for US residents to retire, but after traveling across the whole country, I just don't think it'd be worth it. I'd much rather live in Costa Rica.

code3ryder likes this.