1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Based on results? No. I wish he could have got on a top level team and show what he really has but me thinks what he is riding now is subpar compared to the guys at the front.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Problem right now he’s not even close to his teammate riding the same equipment, and as s we all know first you have to beat your teammate...

cpettit likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Petrucci is signed to be on the factory Ducati again for 2020.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Brad Binder to Tech 3 KTM ...career killing move.

I didn't realize he was that old (23). Yeah man, make that paper when you can.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, I don't know. KTM has the budget and they're Austrian, they will somehow force that bike to win.

If they have the right rider(s).

Not like they're Aprilia who don't have the budget, the team in pace to support the project, the riders or the factory resources to turn it around.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

If it was the factory team, sure, but the Tech 3 team has been sucking majorly

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tech 3 gets the same bikes (mostly) and they know how to win. I really don't think KTM would allow them to suck for too long. I'd think KTM would either fix them or cut bait especialy if the factory team is getting closer to the front.

and Tech3 had some "meh" riders this year.

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

MotoGP looks all but wrapped up with Miller certain to stay at Pramac. The only remaining seat is Tito Rabat's, with Avintia talking to a slew of Moto2 front runners.

With that said, silly season in the WorldSBK looks to get a whole lot more interesting with everyone but Rea and Davies being free agents, and more and more competitive bikes being on the grid.
    • Bautista has an offer from Ducati, but he hasn't signed it.
    • Yamaha has options on both Lowes and VDM (and Cortese, for that matter), but they haven't executed any of them.
    • Kenan Sofuoglu made a pretty bold statement that Toprak will either be racing in the official Kawasaki or Yamaha team next year
    • Cameron Beaubier's name being tossed around for a GRT Yamaha seat (again)
    • Nobody seems to know wtf HRC is doing for 2020 besides offering lots of cash to Bautista and others from the MotoGP paddock
    • Ten Kate is looking to expand to a two rider team, stating they're looking at riders in BSB and MotoAmerica to ride alongside Loris Baz

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Abraham might still get dumped. Avintia is rumored to be looking for two riders, one might be the younger Marquez, if he brings $$$$.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

KRT would be foolish not to give Toprak a shot at Haslam's ride. He's proving himself week in and out to be worthy on that 2nd tier Puccetti team. He's 22 and its the perfect time to groom him to be the next Turkish star of the series perhaps the way Sofaglue was to Supersport.

11. I expect him to just go hide.

12. As much as I like Haslam he’s had his shot, Toprack is stepping up his consistency game along with a bit more speed. He’s becoming more and more of a top contender each round. Haslam isn’t going to get any better, there are enough brits around the series so might as well give the Turkish lad a shot at it. Not to mention with a name like Toprack how could you not give him a seat?

The Great One likes this.
  13. How much $ does he have (and/ or can get/ bring to the table) It’s a direct correlation.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Can't lie.....its the first thing that comes to mind every time they say his [first] name.

[​IMG]

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't KRT already say it was a 1 year deal and was a stop gap until <I forget who I read> was ready? Some shit like that.

Topnoodle is doing good but I doubt he'll get the call.

16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Somebody would be out some big money because Toprak is Red Bull and KRT is Monster. It wouldn't be pennies like when Lorenzo was with Rockstar and Red Bull bought him out of the contract to go to Honda.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Raperface: Bought Monster out and I'd bet it was a nice chunk of cash. Rockstar was before that.

18. Aprillia is in a playground they shouldn’t be at this current moment. They aren’t prepared to do it properly and unless they are using it strictly to develop things it’s making them look like their bikes are crap.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

JR65 was w/ Redbull for years right up until he jumped ship from Honda to KRT.....don't see why that should be a big deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Pretty sure it is a 1 year. I honestly thought Haslam would do better, he just seems to be missing something the last couple years. Even with his BSB results he’s still not what he was, ya he’s older and banged up a bit but seems passion is fading away from him.