1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs you are aging...

Discussion in 'General' started by Venom51, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

When you go from wanting to get the latest greatest new phone on the market to dreading having to change over to a new phone at all. I can't remember a time I was less thrilled about getting something new.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I used to salivate over new Macbook Pro models. Always bought them immediately. Bought one to replace my 6 year old MBP a few months ago, tried to set it up for a couple days, gave up and returned it. I can't even figure out my hi-fi connections any more :(

3. Venom51

I can still figure it all out. That has never been an issue. Phone are just too fucking big now. I absolutely did not want anything larger than my previous Droid Turbo. It was already borderline too big. Form factor matters and just about everything today day is too tall and too slim. It's amazing people bitch about battery life but want a thinner and thinner phone. Leave some heft in it and stick a shit load of battery in that space. They are so slim the camera modules all protrude from the rear surface now. That's just fucking moronic.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Used to love driving and having fun. Now I dread it and I'm big on sitting in the right lane(s) and just going with the flow of traffic.

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Signs of aging...

When you sit in a tub of water, and your balls float.

Phones. Just get a Jitterbug and call it a day.:D

MachineR1 likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm too old to worry about any of this crap. Get off my lawn.

K51000, bleacht, Pixelator and 5 others like this.
  7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I just got done building a new smokin fast computer....lots of changes since my last build in 2012.......RGB lights in the case and on the memory sticks, water cooled twin fan w/radiator for CPU, UEFI, M.2 slots for SSD drives. The new one required a bit of research and the prudent use of pcpartpicker.com to make sure my list of components would all play together nicely before buying them and then building it

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When you can remember how everyone thought that Bayliss had wrapped up the 2002 WSBK championship by the halfway point. :D

Pixelator, Killswitch, joec and 5 others like this.
  9. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Funny how history has an echo.

tl1098 likes this.
  10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I thought the sign of getting old was the music you listened to growing up was now considered "classic"?

DucatiBomber, G Dawg and Jedb like this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Staying out until 1:30 partying and being in the office by 7 this morning. Boss said just go home. I said nope, if I was a big man last night I can be a big man this morning.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

The apprentice kid called my Rage against the machine "oldies" last week........lol. Fuck off and shovel this machine out now lol

bacolmm, TurboBlew and GRH like this.
  13. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

When you have to put a extra set of reading glasses on top of you normal progressive glasses you're already wearing.

KneeDragger_c69 and StaccatoFan like this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Pretty much spot on with this.
    "Always make the plane" regardless of what you did prior.

15. flewid

flewid Well-Known Member

When your younger coworkers ask what the 90's was like.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm wearing a fanny pack.

bleacht, TurboBlew and joec like this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about buying a Porsche. :D

Razr and Steeltoe like this.
  18. rwdfun

rwdfun

When you look at the “must be born by this date” year number at the bar and say WTF. Then start thinking about how old you were and what you were doing in 19 f@cking 97

Also It feels like my eye sight has dropped off the cliff in the last 6 months

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  19. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

The music you grew up with is now muzac in an elevator

gixxernaut likes this.
  20. Venom51

Nope...that was still a good decision. Maybe not a smart one but a good one. :D

BigBird likes this.