1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. keevo54

keevo54 Well-Known Member

Buy it. We had a 2017 macan gts for for a year or two. Blast to drive and I never normally drive my gf's car, but this one I did

2. Lavana

Lavana The coming

Get it.

At least it it can fit 4 people. I bought a 911 and didn’t really get to drive it because of work or the family.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

WTF man you know you want the fucker so......................................BUY IT !!

Sundaydisco likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait....

Are you saying that you sold an automobile because the 2025 battery in the key fob needed replacement?

That is quintessential Broome. :crackup::crackup:

Sundaydisco and Gorilla George like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Seriously, though, OP check out the associated costs of maintenance and insurance so you know exactly what the cost of ownership will be before you jump.

Sundaydisco likes this.
  6. I can’t be bothered with that shit. :D

7. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

I agree with what you are saying. We don’t let debt control us. House and one car payment is all the debt we carry. Plus we have no kids. Also we live and base all of our bills on one income.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ok, not unreasonable. But I still had to say it. So, double up on payments, pay it off quick, then double up on house payments. Trust me, not a better feeling in the world than to not owe.

ducnut and Sundaydisco like this.
  9. Sundaydisco

Big fan of debt free living but also have to do credit score maintenance to keep it above 800. . This is where the bit of responsibility plays in this because we don’t need this totally f’n awesome fun to drive suv but we can.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

If you want it and you can, do it. Why the Freak are you asking us?

pscook and brex like this.
  11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Hopefully always the smaller income...

Makes almost nothing in life an emergency situation.

Metalhead likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Oh, metalhead, why you gotta open this door? :crackup:

It sounds as if, at some time or another, you were concerned about what people thought of your daily transportation and, somehow, you always ended up buying some schleprock POS that nickel-n-dimed you into poverty. Am I right? o_O
    Had you come to us sooner, we could have prevented your latest (lamest) purchases of a Flamin' Red half-ton pickup, a Dong...and the unforgivable sin of selling your FZR400! Unforgivable, I say! :mad:
    Plain and simple, you needed a better peer group. Why did you forsake us for the infidels that coerced you? Where are they now? Were they playing you, cruelly? :Poke:

Bottom line, there's nothing poor about choosing a Porsche...and I'm sure the journeys in such a vehicle have little to do with a destination.
    :cool:

:D

Sundaydisco likes this.
  13. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

something not right here. metal head the voice of reason? dammmmm

14. Sundaydisco

Not asking for permission, only opinion. Trying to get feedback from other Porsche owners on whether the experience is worth it.

15. Venom51

I certainly don't have any complaints so far with mine. Can I say it was worth what I paid? I'd still call that debatable. It's a good fun car but does it do anything so spectacularly well that is it worth double the amount of any of the others I own? Honestly..no..no it does not.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    RoadRacerX and Sundaydisco like this.
  16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

There you have it. /close thread

17. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I have a 2017 white over black Macan S with 11,000 miles and lowering springs I’ll sell you. If you wait a few months it’ll have the GMG exhaust on it. How bad you want to be sucked into driving a Porsche? I’m addicted to it now.

Get ready for an addiction.

In 2020 when Audi brings the RS4 back To the states I’m getting one of them too. Maybe I’ll sell my Macan then.

Seriously though, they’re really fun to drive and yes I’m currently shopping for a GT3 because I’m sucked into the Porsche thing.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah but do you enjoy seeing it in the garage every time you took at it?

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

No SUV is comparable to a decent sporty car. New Amazon TG had those fancy fast SUVs and they were way off the pace of a M3 and the M3 was like $10K cheaper.
    "Fun" SUV :crackup::crackup:

[​IMG]

20. Venom51

Ohh..I enjoy it. I'm glad I bought it while I was still able to climb in and out of it. It drives well, reasonably quick and more importantly I don't see 10 of them every time I leave the house in it. Will it still be in the garage 15 years from now? Probably not. I'll enjoy it, lose 20k in value and hand it off in good shape to someone else to enjoy.

noles19 and BigBird like this.