1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

These off-year silly seasons are usually expected to be pretty boring, but they always manage to deliver in some way, shape or form.

A few interesting things that came from Assen:
    • Tito Rabat is being courted by KRT for WSBK alongside Johnny Rea
    • Brad Binder and Hafizh Syahrin likely to trade places in 2020
    • The partnership between Sky Italia and VR46 is in jeopardy and it looks like Bulega and Foggia are getting the boot from the team
    We're also faced with the unusual situation of the potential Moto2 World Champion not earning a place in MotoGP next year.

Here's a list of the seats that are "officially" up for grabs for 2020:

Mission Winnow Ducati - Danilo Petrucci

Red Bull KTM Tech 3 - Hafizh Syahrin

LCR Honda Idemitsu - Taka Nakagami

Pramac Ducati - Jack Miller

Avintia Ducati - Tito Rabat

Petronas Yamaha - Franco Morbidelli*
    Petronas Yamaha - Fabio Quartarao*

*After scouring the internet I couldn't find anything explaining if the Petronas Yamaha riders are on one or two year deals

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Fabio Quartararo has a one year deal with the option for a second year, which Petronas has already accepted, if I've got my story straight.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Petrux and Miller will stay where they're at. Same for Fabio and probably Franco.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I think Taka has also earned an extension

418 likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah this year's silly season is not much happening since everyone in the factory squads that matter signed 2 year deals last year. Next year now, that could have some movement.

Hey VR46 may retire this year, and that may lead to some movement.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, Miller said the contract is done and he just needs to sign it for 2020. 1 year with full factory bikes.

I expect Zarco to be released/ buy his way out of KTM. This is purely speculation on my part.

track wagon, vizsladog and Phl218 like this.
  7. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Rossi runs away, Fabulous QuerterPuta takes the factory bike, and Zarco takes the satellite Yamaha

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You really think Rossi will run? I think he’ll stick it out until the end of his contract, the Yamaha and his results won’t improve appreciably and he’ll call it a day. Zarco and KTM parting ways at the end of the year I can definitely see if things don’t improve soon.

9. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I don't really think he would, but it would make things interesting

10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Half Fish is done.

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Rossi will finish out this year then announce next year will be his last during the off season. Ticket sales will go thru the roof.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Where is Zarco going to go if he were to leave KTM? There aren't any decent rides that will be available. Do you think that they would dump Nakagami and pick up Zarco? Not likely. I see very little movement and it will all be for crappy rides. Rabat is probably gone, but I don't see even Aprilia making any changes as their problems aren't their riders, it is that their bike is still in development and still sucks. That only leaves the Tech3 seat that will probably go to a Moto2 new face and trading Haviz for Binder makes good sense to me if I was KTM.

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Will KTM become the new career killer if your name isn't Espargaro?

vizsladog and Phl218 like this.
  14. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

My prediction; American Racing KTM won’t return for 2020, and Iker Lecuona takes Binder's spot at Ajo KTM.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Binder was being talked about for Tech 3 KTM for next year in motogp.

Zarco? If Lorenzo retires, maybe Repsol Honda?

younglion likes this.
  16. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I agree. No way in hell Rossi will bail on his Yamaha contract with the reputation he has with them and burn that bridge. He may not win another championship but he will still go out as a true champion in the sport. :cool:

Dave250 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Don’t think Zarco goes to Repsol if and when that seat opens up. He’s done a lot of shit talking about his bike this year, honder doesn’t like that. Plus only Márquez can currently make that bike work. At some point they’re going to start looking at a young up and comer to fill his shoes.

Dave250 and Phl218 like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's a shame Catfish's career took this dickpunch but he knew what he was getting into being that it was a satellite KTM considering how underwhelming the factory one is. He put in some impressive rides on that Yammie before Tech3 pulled the plug.

ShadowBoxer and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  19. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Puig will pull one of his Asia Cup kids, you know, from when he was put in time out. Wish Honda would replace him.

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

You think Joe will stay in Moto2?