1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those that carry while riding

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Jul 1, 2019.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

***I have always had, and still have a current concealed weapons permit***

When riding, I usually carry a small 380 in my pocket, but I’d like to start carrying on my hip area and switch to a side or rear holster. I also have a 9mm, but it’s on the larger side and I’ve always feared it’d be easily seen, thus increasing my chances of having the popo called and me being pulled over. So, I’m looking for recommendations on holsters and preferred holster placement while riding.

Also, my 9mm is my only other pistol that isn’t a revolver. So, I’m open to a whole new purchase of both. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

do you ride with a tank bag?
    I dont like carrying while riding for fear of losing the piece. My scooter has a nice glove box that makes stowing a breeze.
    Otherwise it looks like youd have to spring for the Eastport fannie bag...lol

3. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Ring mount on the tail section.

Razr likes this.
  4. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

No tank bag.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

For my road bicycle I got a triangle shaped bag small enough for a PF9. It was ~$13. Quick access wasnt terrible once I got it oriented proper. Might be an option. Guess we should ask which model motorbike?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shoulder rig under your leather if concealment and security are your highest concerns.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I see quite few women holstering opposite hip. I haven’t tried it, but, it seems a workable solution, when dealing with bulk like a gut, armor, heavy jacket, etc.

I wouldn’t worry about printing. If someone notices, I can’t see them calling the cops over that. I saw a rather large woman print through her T-shirt, the other day at an auto repair shop. Felt more secure.

If you’re going to carry, make it worthwhile. Just like CC teaches, if you’re going to unholster, you better be planning to use it. I’d be accommodating that 9mm. I have a single-stack CCW, but, much prefer the security, additional rounds, and accuracy of my double-stack. There’s really not that much dimensional difference. On a fat fuck like me, 1-1/4” more barrel and a bit more thickness doesn’t matter. A petite woman who wears tight clothing might beg to differ.

I wear ADV textiles on the street, which provide plenty of pockets for secure storage.

Razr likes this.
  8. i always used a strapped-down shoulder holster with a Chief‘s Special revolver. Hip holster is useless and uncomfortable unless you’re riding in jeans/t-shirt on a cruiser.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Leather scabbard on the fork tubes with a shotgun?

Too much?

5axis, Gino230, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  10. If you're going that far, might as well take it to the next level, with fairing-mounted rocket launchers.

[​IMG]

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I never really thought about it but I see a lot of people on bikes carrying around the house. I wouldn't worry about it showing.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

44AutoMag in your whitey tighties in the rear, then erryone can see it when the wind blows up your t-shirt.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

ducnut likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

TurboBlew, Sabre699 and Mot Okstef like this.
  16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yes! Only better!

Actually they have a very non-tactical looking one too. That thing is darn comfy you can carry your gat, phone, wallet, keys, etc. and it doesn't feel like it's even there. It's too nerdy to wear all over but when I go into the woods, it's on me.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Looks more like a bewbie pack.

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Mom jeans are in again. :crackup: :Puke:

ducnut likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who in the hell ever thought those were a good enough look to make the first time around much less bring back?

What person thinks hey my ass needs to look as flat as possible!

Phl218 likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s the anti-fashion fashion statement. Hipsterism meets frumpism. :D