1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using a Gimbal Stabilizer on a GoPro?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rogue4, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

2. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

On a 300

Other videos are being uploaded

Pretty happy with result.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

BigBird and Rogue4 like this.
  3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

which camera are you using?

4. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

GoPro 3

code3ryder likes this.
  5. Is this the next level in the formula that your laps times have a direct inverse relationship to the number of gopros you have mounted? There are exceptions to the equation ie series requirements to run one, shooting promo and sponsor stuff, going for world GoPro record.

6. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

There's definitely a bit of distraction with all these things.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Crazy what’s available. I’m a little jealous of people who are good at documenting their racing. I’ve purchased two gopros in my life and have zero seconds of footage. Seems like a good idea but when I get to the track, I just can’t be bothered.

KneeDragger_c69, MotoGP69 and BigBird like this.
  8. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

Honestly it's a bit more pain in the ass than it's worth.

9. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

ok so, first weekend using the Fusion...

i actually kind of like it. for 1, the stabilization with the 360 is great. 2) it works better with the phone app, so i don't have to fight with desktop video editing software i dont have.

this was a quick video i made and i did it all with the phone app..

Same track, same bike, as when i was using the regular gopro with the 3 axis gimbal.. i think with the fusion it's waaaaaaaaaaaay better, but instead of having to tune the gimbal to work properly BEFORE you go out on track, you have to spend some time tuning the camera angles once you're back and ready to start looking through the videos you shot.

BigBird and code3ryder like this.
  10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

The EVO gimbal at the beginning of this thread doesn’t work well for track days. Wind and bumps destabilize it too much. Chest mounting it is ok because it gets rid of the bumps, but doesn’t work well with full tuck. I suspect it’d work great for MTB and dirt bikes with a chest mount.

11. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

I'm getting the hang of using the Fusion, and really like using it now:

I think it whoops a gimbal's ass, when used with the iOS app to render the angle / pov (overcapture)

code3ryder likes this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m just gonna buy a hero 7 black. The built in gimbal is almost as good as putting a hero 5 on an expensive gimbal. Comparing snowboarding videos helps with the bumps and the background mountains to look for clipping.

code3ryder likes this.
  13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

the new GoPro 7 black has great in camera IS.I"ve been using it the past few months and the on board video is better than what you would get from a high end gimble system a few years ago. I always mounted my GoPro cameras on my helmet as they were the best at removing a lot of the movement, but the new 7 you can mount it anywhere and it's smooth. Footage when mounted on my bars used to be pretty useless, now it's ultra smooth.

you still get the movement of the horizon but the actual "jiggling" of the video is non existent.

Quicktoy likes this.