1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack on 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m pretty sure that was an April Fool’s gag

3. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Sigh, and I thought I was German when it came to jokes.

(Yes, I know)

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

One of those.

5. charles

charles The Transporter

This might be of interest here: Caleb Kruckenberg, the litigation counsel for New Civil Liberties Alliance, which filed legal challenges to the bump stock ban, had the following commentary regarding a recent decision by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals to deny a request to stop the rule from taking effect:

This brazen abdication of judicial independence shows how unlawful much of modern administrative activity is. Article 1, Section 1 of the Constitution vests "all" legislative power in Congress. No part of the Constitution allows a law enforcement agency to rewrite a law it disagrees with, nor does it allow a federal court to sit idly by while that same agency prosecutes citizens for violating the new, made-up law.

Any thoughts on this commentary? By the way, the New Civil Liberties Alliance represents one Clark Aposhian in his fight to challenge the bump stock ban in court; he may be the last man in America to legally own a bump stock as the 10th Circuit Court in Denver enjoined the ATF from seizing Mr. Aposhian's bump stock while the case proceeds.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

They'd never convict. ;)

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude is blaming cuts but isn't it his job as mayor to figure out how to get around them or not let them happen?

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No. HIs job is to blame anything bad on the opposition and claim credit for the random positives. Pretty much like all politicians.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's blaming them on Trump. Oh hell, could you see Trump as mayor of London :crackup:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

California. Not only are they making you beg for ammo they are making you pay for the right. Wow.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article231703623.html

And no mail order ammo. Great for the Fudds who go to the range once a year. Sucks for anyone who enjoys going regularly. I haven't bought a case of ammo in a store since Bill Clinton was President. Much cheaper and easier to find in stock online. Unless you live in California.

Good luck out there. This sucks.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It's easier to vote in California than it is to buy ammo. Go figure.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You’d think they’d better utilize the former to prevent the latter.

scottn likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Where's my ROFL smiley? This will have to do I guess: :crackup:

As of last week, only around 700 weapons had been turned over. There are an estimated 1.5 million guns—with an unknown number subject to the new prohibitionon semiautomatic firearms—in the country overall.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Fkn Outlaws...criminals... scallywaggs...pirates... the lot of'm,
    Hold tight to yer weapons, and ammunition the day may come it's usefulness be shown.
    My Kind of Countrymen.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Careful, you might cross contaminate this with the FTP thread;)

Britt likes this.