1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one bites the dust in the Dominican Republic

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Jun 14, 2019.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Crazy stuff...who pissed them off. A lady died Tuesday, and a guy died in January with pulmonary edema, which coincidentally was the cause of death of the others.

When the autopsies are done, my $$ is on Chlordane. Somebody is poisoning the folks with bug poison.

I wouldn't support anybody I care about vacationing in the DR.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

reports i'm hearing about/reading, the real potential for the problem could be bootleg alcohol. skimping on booze and buying the cheap junk that may be turning out to be deadly.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I thought bad booze made you go blind, not kill you like you just got bit by a black mamba, although nothing would surprise me.

One of the articles said they smelled chems in the room is the reason for my guess.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Also someone died at the Hard Rock resort with the same symptoms. One would think that they would have a handle on the supply chain.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The minibars in the rooms do seem to be a common theme. One thought I had is that it isn't the hotels buying bootleg liquor but the employees swapping out the minibar liquor with cheap bootleg liquor and somehow making a profit. The employees at these resorts are living near poverty. Not sure how it would all work but I can't imagine the hotels themselves are buying bootleg stuff.

K51000, speedluvn and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

We just got back from Cancun. Still at O’hare, actually (airline hell coming back).

We noticed something kind of strange this time. Every drink a bartender made, they took a spoonful of it, put it on the back of their hand and tasted it. We weren’t sure if that was in an effort to show that it wasn’t poison, or if they were just checking the mix. They did it every single time tho.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So did they get buzzed by the end of the night?

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

They died slow one. Guess y’all kinda slow out on the right coast....figures, good thing y’all slow ones ain’t got the numbers to run this country. Lawd...

11. Scotty87

Lol not that I could tell. It’s wasn't much more than a few drops each time.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hey girlfriend are you so drunk you can't even tell your right from your left anymore?:crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Roy does not drunk post!

eggfooyoung and Phl218 like this.
  14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Ah, another Royd Rage drive by? It's easier to just ignore that tard than let threads get filled with his BS.

15. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

All the more reason to grab a few bottles at Duty Free on your way.

16. Scotty87

I’m honestly kind of over the all inclusive thing. We just got back from Cancun for a destination wedding (not mine lol) and the whole thing was kinda meh, and this was at a five star resort. Doesn’t help that we paid for two round trip flights, and true to form ended up taking five with a bunch of layovers so I might be a little salty.

I’m also just kind of tired of being stuck at the resort eating at buffets and shit. I’d rather go to Florida and fish and eat at resteraunts and shit.

ducnut and SteveThompson like this.
  17. roy826ex

Probably so, you got issue with that lefty :D

18. roy826ex

We kinda ignore you to

barf_ex

19. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

If I seem to 'member my chemistry class lecture, something about natured and de-natured alcohol?
    One is essentially poison, one is the right stuff.
    Forgot which is which though- someone chime in on this?