1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all the video game nerds

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 14, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. 1kk8

1kk8 Well-Known Member

Not to mention there aren't many options out there regarding 8k TV's/Projectors...for now at least

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I looked at the newest Xbox stuff and it just wasn't worth the extra money. I guess maybe if you want bragging rights at the nerd cons but other than that no thanks.

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

These resolution wars are stupid. People aren't buying screens large enough to take advantage, and even then if you are at a reasonable distance it won't matter. IIRC, I think for a 55 inch television at 8-10 feet the human eye can't discern the difference beyond 1080P resolution.

Pure marketing garbage that only succeeds in driving display prices up.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's not going to happen. Those specs will get pulled back a bit.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do have to say an SSD for faster loading of things would be nice.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Eff that, I'm going Stadia next Fall.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I still don't understand this. How can any human who has any sort of responsibility or productivity requirement possibly have time for video games?

Cannoli likes this.
  9. joec

joec brace yourself

Broome does it. You gotta step up yo!

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Broome is the exception, not the rule. He works 24/7 for three months then is off for three months (or something crazy like that). I work something akin to 18/365.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So it's finally close to a PC?

Cannoli, TurboBlew, Chris and 5 others like this.
  12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

There's been some really great deals lately if you know where to look. I got a One X with NBA2k19 brand new under $300 shipped... after selling my existing OG One and the NBA game, I should be well under $200 for a massive upgrade in performance.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I play a bit in the off season some years. I do use the Xbox for streaming a lot though. Not sure the last time I played a game on it.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wound up getting a newer version of the original for pretty cheap. Figure I'll look at the X when the next version comes out but I don't have a 4k TV so no real point.

15. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Maybe if you spent less time posting here you could cut those daily hours down to 8.:Poke:

16. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking, consoles suck. :D

TurboBlew, Chris and Steeltoe like this.
  17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Damn dude, when did you turn into an grumpy old fuck? Are you saying you can’t conceive of people having some downtime during their day that they can fill with the leisure activity of their choice?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My forum time is just filler while I’m waiting on other crap, listening to someone drone on the phone, etc. Productivity would go up maybe 5% if I quit but sanity would go down 50%

joec likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, but everywhere I look I see fat, sick, lazy bastards who should be getting out and doing something instead of rotting away playing video games, drinking Mountain Dew, and eating hot pockets all day.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fuck you.

It's Diet Dew and leftover homemade (rvmade?) mostaccioli and meat sauce.

:crackup: