1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT-R110 what did I get into

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by BigBird, Jun 13, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Soooo.. Picked up a TTR110 today. I think it's a bit too powerful for the little guy, or at least I don't want him riding with all that power yet, and it's probably a bit high....

He hasn't seen it yet, but what should I need to do to get this thing Mini GP ready?

Sent from my smatrfone

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Safety wire the drain bolt and dip stick/fill cap.

Route all the overflow/drain lines into a catch bottle.

Then the bike is done, except for numbers/graphics if you want to jazz it up for your son. Inline-4 Designs in PA does mine.
    Jeff's quick with his turnarounds/delivery. I asked for some stickers from him at noon on Monday this week in fact, and I had them
    in my mailbox Wednesday.

Replace off road tires with Mitas or other appropriate tires.

Get gear for kid...Justin from Parts Club in PA can be helpful with that or STG for the higher end suits, or Gatorskinz is another
    suit that's reasonably priced.

Justin again or STG for gloves. STG carries a Taichi glove for kids that's relatively reasonable and high quality.

You can also contact the Ulrich's. Chris was my source for my first pair of gloves for my son. He has a kid in MiniGP type racing/riding (Go Figure)
    out in CA and I think he's selling a line of leathers that sells kids sizes.

I'm not going to post any emails or phone numbers that have here publicly so those folks don't end up getting non-legit business contacts.
    PM me if you want phone numbers/emails/web sites, etc.

I'm just going to say this.....I think the 110's a mistake. The MiniGP 110 class isn't a Novice class. Just my opinion.

In two weeks, NJMiniGP is hosting their June 3 day camp. We will be there. It's not cheap..but it's a great way to get your child started with some coaching, socializing with the
    kids he'll be racing with/against, it's just a great introduction to the sport.

BigBird likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah, may still look into a 50. Maybe I just bought myself a Father's day present [emoji23]

Sent from my smatrfone

4. StaccatoFan

If you do the camp for him they have rental 50s you could let him use to try it out.

I have an extra red Gatorskinz he could use.

BigBird likes this.
  5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Do you have the big or small wheel version of the 110?

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks to be the big wheel.

is there a throttle limiter built in? think i need it more for me than him.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If there isn't, you can get throttles with limiter screws. Looking at the parts fiche, there is something wacky going on with the top of that carb but you MAY be able to pull the slide, and slip a piece of fuel hose over the cable, between the slide and carb top to also act as a limiter.

BigBird likes this.
  8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

How old/big is your son?

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

8 years old / 49" tall

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

you want me to work on carbs that are not Keto related :eek:

11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Hah, you're getting your kid into mini racing so you no longer get a vote. Congrats on having to become a mechanic. :D

StaccatoFan and BigBird like this.
  12. StaccatoFan

Mines been my “Crew Chief” since he was 4.

Now we wrench together on his race bike. Teaching a 9 year old to safety wire is a blast.

BigBird likes this.