1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CR500- Road Race bike

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by JTRC51, Aug 31, 2015.

1. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Drooolllll....

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

ohh well they arrived. lemme help you out with a few more that aren't taken with some Dutch dude's potato phone... :D

cera1.jpg cera2.jpg cera3.jpg

3. joec

joec brace yourself

Is that some kind of a ceramic coating or something on the lower?

4. Sweatypants

carbon with ceramic coating yea

[​IMG]

5. Sweatypants

well speak of the godamn devil... Hall picked up the phone today, talked to me for an hour, engine supposed to be done next week. PHEWWWW! i dont even know what to do with myself.

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

ok guys I have a question about stators on CR500s.
    seems mine died
    its an 89 and original everything as far as ignition is concerned except I built a heavy flywheel for it.
    its in a 98 Cr250 chassis and its a woods bike slash dirt bike.
    so without breaking the bank what should I use to bring it in to the 20th century?
    I have a 2001 cR250 motor with all electronics I can swap to 500 motor it or would buying a new stator setup for lights be a better setup?
    Bikes been stone cold reliable until it started loosing some top end and acting like no power if I revved it.
    found some chipped reeds so bought new ones and before I changed them bike was idling and just died.
    never done that before so now after reeds install I have no spark.
    and here I am.
    thanks and give me ideals as im wanting to go kick some 450 4 stroke ass at dirt bike track soon.

Steven

7. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I was there the other day. I told him to call you.

Now, he just needs to finish my project.

8. Sweatypants

haha thanks man. i still was the one that called, but seriously i was just sitting at my desk during lunch and decided randomly what the hell, its been like 2 months since i tried, lemme pick up the phone. i was expecting to leave another voicemail that would go unanswered, and when he picked up it caught me off guard haha like... "hello? is this a real person? Jerry?" well now i got 2 projects to contend with it seems... i'll have to figure this out now. it did brighten my day yesterday though.

9. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

What he's doing for me would take him 3-4 hours. He's had the bike for 2 months. I stop by once a week to see if the bike has moved. I usually end up staying 20-30 minutes bullshitting about 2-strokes.

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. Sweatypants

beep bop boop...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish Lester Harris would just make me an entire chassis.

trussdude and pscook like this.
  11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Well... that's art.

12. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

That is pretty! I'm excited to see this build come to completion.

13. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

And I wish they still had the mold for these arms and sub frames!!! I just installed this Harris Arm on my 2005 R1 over the wknd....its lovely!!

Attached Files:

clarityinstatic and SpeedyE like this.
  14. Sweatypants

that thing is so good man. damn. Lester said they weren't really in the business of making whole arms any more. Attack isn't even doing quick change. I was kinda willing to pony up for a full one-off arm, but this will do with the RSW250 cover and all i guess. i love looking at swingarm fab though.

15. warclok

Your arm is lovely, and parts like these are becoming a lost art. They are harder to find, and even harder to convince them to sell to you...lol

16. Sweatypants

yea maybe next time around now that i have a basis, i can tug on his heartstrings more, instead of just being "some guy." i imagine dudes like that get tired of the whole game of, "how much for a YZR chassis?" only to never hear from them again once they say $20k.

warclok likes this.
  17. warclok

Good work don't come cheap...and yea, he is prolly tired of the tire kickers. I have been speaking to Mark Pateman over there the last few days...

18. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Any updates?

19. Sweatypants

Sure... was waiting for some stuff. So ok... let's start. Triple clamps came in from Attack. Specs are: 52/54mm diameter, R1M fork spacing, 35mm offset, holes for potentiometer mounts and integrated damper mount, holes for reservoir mounts, RS250 position for steering stops, RS250 stem. Worked with Jozef for like 80 emails back and forth on it. Sent him an OEM RS250 stem. Stoked.

20190828_145317.jpg

71138585_10102730001801453_3982172661852667904_n.jpg

70966270_10102730001911233_6371333402339049472_n.jpg

71169395_10102730002016023_3300665625193480192_n.jpg

71182581_10102730001981093_1604927122718064640_n.jpg

Attached Files:

trussdude likes this.
  20. Sweatypants

Then let's see... wanted a CNC shock linkage to run the R1M Ohlins TTX shock, which uses a clevis that is 5mm wider than stock, without some kind of ugly washers or spacers jammed in there. Didn't want to mess with geometry this time around, but still, keep things real clean. "cf" Charles on here hit me up about. Super easy to communicate with, awesome dude. Sent him an OEM link, told him what I wanted, he 3D printed me a test fit, to which we had to make some modifications. Sent another 3D print, cleared everything well, got me 2 CNC'd, all for a super reasonable cost. Motorsports Studio is his business, I know he wants to get into more motorbike stuff so hit him up if you're in need. Will be using again.

http://motorsport-studio.com/projects.html

And so... this setup now uses RS250 bearings and seals/spacers on the dogbone holes and the frame mount, then the rear shock mount is using OEM BMW S1000RR bearings/spacer/washers (same clevis as an R1M) so that it becomes easy to service or get parts for if needed:

Link_Done1.jpg

Link_Done2.jpg

Link_Done3.jpg
    Link_Done4.jpg
    Link_Done5.jpg
    Link_Done6.jpg

Then my race buttons from Vinco Racing came. CNC pieces from Netherlands, they made them to order with the custom bolt offsets for my GP billet master cylinders. Had LED buttons ordered for the latching ones for the Ignition maps and Power Valve maps so I'd know cleanly when they were on. Then sent them to my buddy with a laser engraver to throw that on there...

Buttons1.jpg

trussdude likes this.