1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sure many in here dislike Jon Stewart but this is well worth the watch.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Jun 11, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I sure hope Nadler didn't pull a muscle clapping at the end. What a perfect asshole.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^ That fuckwad looked like he was just startled awake & was trying to figure out what was going on.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I guess I'll be the outlier here.....I don't trust any government run give-money-away program. As soon as the money hits the table the blood suckering bureaucrats come out of the woodwork to claim the lion's share. I have no problem with a 5 year time limit on the funds that requires a audit prior to renewal. I'm all for compassion but this smacks of just throwing money at a real problem just to sooth a guilty conscious.

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You don't think we should have empathy or care for these 1st responders that ran into asbestos, lead, glass, calcium carbonate, gypsum, and metal particles? These people have serious health problems.

Just to be clear, I am a believer in trust but verify and think an oversight should ensure there is no corruption.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have to admit I'm confused and I definitely haven't kept up on a lot of this. All of the first responders were employed by the city with full health insurance - what more do they need? What is the money going towards? I have no problem helping them out but what about all of the tens of thousands who go into other situations around the country every year and wind up with health issues due to it?

Motofun352 likes this.
  6. Motofun352

You say over sight, I say periodic audit....doesn't sound like we're too far apart.

7. Motofun352

What about the volunteer fireman who gets severely burned saving a kid from the fire? No national sympathy for him but every bit as courageous. What's the scoop on the tunnel to towers charity?

8. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I have not researched it either and I don't know the details of their insurance plan but there are some plans that had lifetime limits. I think it has been removed recently but could it still be grandfathered? From what I am reading, some have been denied line-of-duty, some have been cut off of insurance, etc.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If that's the case and they can definitely trace the illness to work it makes sense.