1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Going through life without a thought for consequences is indicative of a flawed personality. But then, you probably know that already.

2. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

If you want to swim with Crocodiles, and I foist my unsolicited opinion of your judgement upon you, then I'm the idiot. To each his own, and I don't want anyone telling me how to live my life either. We are all free to choose, but when our personal freedom infringes on the rights of others, then I think it's fair to call it out. It's especially fair, when you get on a public forum to brag (and does anybody here really think this wasn't bragging?), and try to justify your actions.

To me, what's disconcerting, is the OP isn't the only person who doesn't get it. Grandpa? Not literally, but old enough to be. It's frankly amazing that I survived to this age, as I've been guilty of this level of stupid many times in my life. We used to do an annual ride down the Stagecoach Trail in NW Illinois, and over the years had quite a few close calls with tractors, animals, gravel, and other unexpected challenges. Most were in open areas, where there were no intersecting roads, and a clear view straight ahead. Every incident was a result of an inability to judge all potential hazards at the speed we were going (150+). There was never a moment where we all didn't own every bit of the stupid. Judgmental? No, it's called judgement. It's spelled similarly, but it has a different meaning. Judgement is something you're supposed to develop when you're a 'grandpa', because you understand the effect your personal choices may have on other people, and you're not such a narcissist that you don't at least show some remorse when your judgement fails you.

BigBird, Scotty87 and K51000 like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You self-righteous dinosaur. You should embrace the concept of stunted growth. Maturity is overrated.

4. cf

cf Well-Known Member

shoot, I was hoping someone else had built one of these:

Was hoping the original post went something like this:
    " so my RMZ250 ate some valves but I had already signed up for a district 69 hare scramble, so I looked at my K5 gixxxer and decided to mix a little of this with a little of that, and boom, basically now have a supergixxxermoto...."

So disappointed.

K51000 likes this.
  5. nigel smith

Eventually, my plan is to regress to teenaged maturity levels and become a burden on my children.

BigBird, I'm with Stupid and R Acree like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's only fair. My parents did it to me. :D

nigel smith likes this.
  7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, you are stating you did stupid things on a motorcycle like the op?. So he posts one thing on here and gets ragged on because the thought of I'm older, been there done that and I will teach you something, makes what you did different than him??? or me, after a couple of hundred miles of stand up wheelies (country roads) I look back and makes me smile

K51000 likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn...that thing is absolutely nutz. (I would love to give it a go.) ;)

9. Captain Morgan

yeah, guess I'm flawed going through life without worrying about everything that could go wrong

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No, it’s because the geriatric adolescent still insists that it was the farmer’s fault his bad ass gi xx er did double duty as a weed whacker.

Try and keep up between rum drinks.

Scotty87, K51000 and Sabre699 like this.
  11. pickled egg

You forgot a few words

12. nigel smith

We seem to be in agreement yet again. Shall we adjourn to the dungeon and engage in an acrimonious debate?

13. Captain Morgan

wish you the best

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is idiotic not to worry about what could happen and operate in a manner to avoid those issues. Hell, a huge portion of my job is to worry about what could happen. Every second while I'm driving or riding I worry about what could happen and watch out for those things happening so I can avoid them.

K51000 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

Thanks. Wish you sobriety and empathy.

16. Captain Morgan

I can't understand those big fancy words after rum drinks, lol

17. pickled egg

Not anything worth fighting over in there the past week or so. Need something new to get righteously indignant over. :beer:

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But, but, memes.

19. Captain Morgan

digging a hole, sorry if I offended anyone, wasn't my intention

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: Keep dreaming.