1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension guy around central FL?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tyler B, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a recommendation for someone that can do a little setup work? A buddy has a zx10 that needs some attention.

Thanks

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

We're in central FL but send all of our suspension work out to the usual players for anything past seals, basic sag setup etc.

3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He retired from doing suspensions.

5. Donnstar

Donnstar Well-Known Member

Seth Starnes is south of you but he is working with Thermosman. Worth the drive.

Odilup likes this.
  6. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

Are there still folks doing setup at wera events? Maybe I could send him to Jennings during a race weekend since it's not too far. Thanks for the suggestions.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Wera doesn't run Jennings, and neither does CCS anymore.

Only group that does is FMRRA, for a single round each year in April.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is Gumby still around? Otherwise John @ Atlantic Cycle in Melbourne. Only him

9. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Yep, Dave Weaver aka Gumby to us old school folks lol, owns Full Spectrum racing now. He bought the shop from Dick a few years back. When he's not working with M4 as Fongers data guy he's at the shop. That's where I tune at also.

ducnut and TurboBlew like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I keep reading this as "Suspicious Guy in Florida" and thinking...well duh.

ducnut likes this.
  11. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

When? I saw him in March. He had just done K Tech's school.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, thought he was going to be traveling more with Chuck Ivey this year doing stuff at tracks.

14. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, was told I needed to show my face in here. Lol.
    @rd49 I did close up shop for a bit my when my 4th and final kid was born over three years ago. But Chuck Ivey and I put together a plan and I've been working hard to get the shops name back out there.
    @Mongo , you are correct, we are supposed to be at the WERA events supporting you all more. It's been super busy here since I said we were back open and I've been unable to make any yet, can't leave work sitting on the bench waiting.
    As for the next few weeks, I am on a forced vacation from the shop. The fire Dept called for our captain promotional test and I am studying my ass off for that until July 16. I have to get promoted, it determines the quality of life for my family for the rest of my life. A 1/4 of a point can decide if you are promoted or not. SoI am burning the candle at both ends trying to memorize 12 books and manuals for a 150 question test.
    Anyway, we are back in official business and love to help anyone with anything. If I can't, I'm sure I know someone who can. Benefits of being around for 20+ yrs

Scott S., ungwaha, joec and 1 other person like this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Oh. :oops: Last time I contacted you about 3 years ago, you had closed up. Sorry everyone my bad.
    To the OP: you will not find a nicer more knowledgeable suspension guy than Steven. Used to cart my stuff up to him from Orlando.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  16. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

No worries sir,your statement was correct for the time. I did close the shop at that time, 4 kids, 2 in diapers and one playing college ball was just too much for the wife to do alone at that time. I appreciate the props too! Lemme know if I can help you in any way.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

What ever happened to Rick Crole (sp?)

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Rick Crowley? Had legal problems. :rolleyes:

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I honestly wasn’t sure if he was dead or not

20. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

I for one can say Steven is a stand up guy who does great work. You have done my SV a few times and will reach out maybe this fall if I get back at it. I took about a year off and a half off. Did the full season in 2017 and it wore me down. Getting up to Roebling in a couple of weeks to shake the rust off and see how things feel. Not sure if I will get back at it full time but if I do I will reach out to get things freshened up. Oh and he's a great dude to boot! Glad to hear things are going well bro!

ruckusracing likes this.