1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

So, for me in Milwaukee, the good, very low/no traffic, twisty roads are west of town. Around and north of Eagle Wi. For you locals.

Several twisty head friends and I often run the same twisty roads. and we have a favorite, secluded low/no traffic straight away to get near top end. It's got to be at least 1/2 mile. It's a two lane asphalt road, crowned in the middle, and has farm, fields on both sides. No driveways, streets, etc. It's not perfectly smooth, but there are no pot holes.

County Rd Z, between hwy 59 and Road ZZ for you locals.
    I've ran it dozens of times before, in small groups and solo.
    Today, I was solo.

There were some Cyclists (bicycles), just coming off the road, no cars, etc. It was clear. What I failed to register was a tractor, pulling some type of trailer- that made it's way to the road and was turning on to the road, as I was accelerating up the road (it's slightly uphill), and the last I checked, I was at 164 in 5th gear.

I'm fully tucked at 170ish , and peek up and realize that this tractor is NOT stopping , and I HAVE to react.
    I'm sure all of you realize that things happen pretty fast at those speeds.
    (YES, I REALIZE- tracks don't have tractors pulling out on the roads/track.) This is the first time a tractor was anywhere near this road, and YES, I should have picked up on that, etc.

I come out of tuck, front brake hard lifting the rear where it's skidding, some rear brake too, and in
    milliseconds, have to react- make a decision.

It's obvious, this MOFO ain't giving me any room on the road, and is turning onto it and going left/away, pulling some kind of farm trailer too. I have NO ROAD left to navigate on!

I HAVE to go slightly right, to miss the front of the tractor, which leaves me the Bar Ditch. (that's what we called it in TX.) The side of the road that was unmowed, etc. It had grass at least 3.5 ft. high. In the milliseconds I had to decide, I had figured that going off the road, was better than hitting the tractor at HIGH speed. I didn't/couldn't look but I had to be going conservatively, at LEAST 100mph+ at this point.

I moved back in the saddle, and tried to get my weight back as much as I could. I also didn't hammer/ use the front brake much as I was going through the 6ft. tall grass margins, and then into the farm field.
    In what seemed like milliseconds, I was correcting and trying to keep the bike upright.
    I made it past the grass margin, now I was in the farm fields! We have been getting a lot of rain recently, none in a few days however. I could feel my Gixxer kind of 'dig in' some as I was hauling ass over the farm fields.
    I had presence of mind to stay OFF the brakes at this point! I meandered through the farm field for a ways, and was finally freaking out realizing that I was going to get stopped, WITHOUT going down!!
    Wow, what a great, amazing feeling that was.

I put in in first, and slowly feathered the clutch, and got it back up to the side of the road.

The Farmer/tractor driver- passes by real slow as I make a gesture like 'what?' As he passes by, I see he too has ear plugs in, like me, and probably didn't even hear me coming, and when he looked over to check the road, there was a motorcycle was off (accelerating, doing 165+) in the distance. He did see me run off the road and into the farm pasture- didn't seem top give a fuck. We're talking- no fucks given by him.

I make my way to Eagle, a few miles away, the nearest town, and go to Knuckleheads- a nice bar and grill in Eagle WI. A popular spot/hangout for Harley riders.
    While there, I pull up in the motorcycle parking, and it only takes seconds for some Harley riders to look at my bike and say kinda WTH? There was Grass still hanging/imbedded on the bike.

I made my home home, figuring I had used up all my luck today, and rode fairly mellow the rest of the way home. This included a nice 2nd gear wheelie off one of the humps in the road, on the southern part on Nature Rd. for you locals.

Earlier in the ride, I had some of my best/fastest runs of 'Waterville' Rd.- the Rd I had an bad 'off bike excursion' in May of 2017. Today, I realized I wasn't tensing up, and was definitely getting lower than I ever have on those corners.

These pics were taken after I did several miles on the highway to get the Eagle WI. where I snapped some pics. There is still grass/kernels imbedded in the plastics, etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I DID buy 2 lottery Quick pics for tonight! Wish me luck!!

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You are an idiot.

Wheeliest, MikeR, spoon32 and 34 others like this.
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

So, you were acting like a complete fucking squid, doing an alleged 164 on a public road (and I know the road you're talking about, so no fucking way) and somehow the farmer shares in the blame for not giving you any room?

Fuck outta here with that shit.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Either get off the street and do that shit on the track or slow it the fuck down when you ride public roads.

Fonda Dix, badmoon692008 and _indy like this.
  5. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I'm here for the gang bang.

Well, to watch anyway.

Killswitch and StaccatoFan like this.
  6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dumb shit like this is what has turned Knuckleheads and Hwy 67 into cop central in the area, which - yeah - is one of the only good riding areas in SE Wisconsin.

Douche.

Knotcher, 5axis and beac83 like this.
  7. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

And people wonder why sport bike riders, and Harley's too, have a bad reputation. Thanks, man.

Knotcher likes this.
  8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Glad you survived, but I agree with shitkicker tractor guy about not giving a fuck that you had to motocross that shit. You do those kinds of speeds, you take your chances. They’re expecting people to be doing 60, not 160. Of course he didn’t notice you. I actively look for motorcycles and I find them hard to spot. If you’re doing 170 on a public road rural or not, you’re just asking to become red mist on the back of a tractor or a deer. Slow the fuck down and go get your kicks on the dirt or track.

9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Oh, you've met me then?

Squid? F you! I get pissed off at squids, wearing little to no gear, and riding like a newbie/squid.
    I was in AS Full leathers, AS boots, gloves, snell full face helmet, etc. So IF you know the road I'm talking about, then you know how flat, no cross streets or driveways, etc. Did I say any thing negative about the farmer who didn't give a fuck? No, I didn't. I'm not placing blame. I shouldn't have blasted down the road with a tractor in the field near the road. I was lucky, thought I said that. F off Scotty. I'll never be as good as you, OK?

Hey Einstein, I do go relatively normal speeds on public roads, this is a secluded straight away, it WAS my fault for not noticing the tractor in the field- that turned on to the road going my way, and took up the whole road. OK?

This was not dumb shit. No emergency/law vehicles were involved. I was going fast, on a secluded, empty, great visibility road. No cars, etc. were involved. No one, including me was hurt.
    Um, OK. Since you're in the area, let's ride sometime.

You're welcome, I think. Nobody was involved except the tractor driver that I didn't hit, or even stop and talk to. Get off your high horse, OK? No cops, EMS, etc.

The best reply so far. I agree with you. Maybe it was a good thing I road MotoX on all those bikes as a kid and growing up? I felt like I Sumo'd that Mofo.
    Other than the grass wedged in to all the crevices form the 100+ mph off road excursion, My K5 Liter and I are fine.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Glad you didn't fk up the guy's plow. Idgit.

Knotcher and badmoon692008 like this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why do “Gixxer” owners have so many retarded monikers for their bikes? Why can’t you just say “my bike“?

sbk1198 likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

BTW, it’s a rhetorical question.

K51000 likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You and your K5Liter are about as smart as one another.

Newsshooter and _indy like this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

PFFFFFT!! McGuinness ain't got shit on this dude here. Why aren't you racing the TT yet???

5axis and K51000 like this.
  15. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

So you post up your Big Ball of Stupid. And then get pissed at people who call you out on it ?? I agree with all of them , but will add ...
    that blue windscreen saved your Ass :whoosh::crackup:

_indy likes this.
  16. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Did this shit when i was 17, then I grew up. And usually when people call a GSXR a Gixxer i tend to not really listen to what they are saying after that.

17. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, who is this? I mean you did know I have a Blue (dubble bubbly) windscreen.

18. motoracer1100

PS ; I love how you think that wearing your leathers doesn’t make you a Squid ...:crackup::crackup:

19. motoracer1100

And so did everyone else that looked at the pictures you posted :whoosh::whoosh:

badmoon692008, K51000 and Spitz like this.
  20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

To make things perfectly clear, I should have been more aware of the tractor, that after I started my run, had crossed onto the path of the road.
    He did not even pause when he presumably saw me coming up the road at a high rate of speed.

But to be clear, it was me not anticipating that the tractor may just come on to the road- which he did.
    I don't and didn't worry about what the farmer was thinking. It's on me to keep myself safe, etc.

With the Grace of God, and some inherent history of riding skill, the worst of it is some tall grass in some areas.