1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bull shit Boss post!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by TwiztedRabbit, May 22, 2019.

1. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Damn good choice on the beer :beer:

TwiztedRabbit likes this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Could be something even more benign. At first he got info to do his job but part of his job would be to deep six the problem people. Of course if he is unwilling to do so a continual reminder of them screwing up is unpleasant. If that was a case and for instance he could not deep six the problems because they were boning the owners daughter or whatever reason then he should have altered his request. In other words he might have been bad at managing people. Not everyone is devious most are just dumb or bad at what they do.

Though we agree on it is time to bail. OF course the med stuff could be 4 10's leaving a 3 day race weekend .....

ducnut and TwiztedRabbit like this.
  3. sheepofblue

And of course there is one other possibility his new superior is Elmer Fudd......kill da wabbit!

TurboBlew and TwiztedRabbit like this.
  4. TwiztedRabbit

TwiztedRabbit Well-Known Member

A nice solid 12.. things slowed down.. my 155lb ass with 12 beers in it is ready to fuck shit up and cooter punch your wife.

I never trained my replacement the associate that was given my job title stated many times he's pissed.. no more money.. more work still feels like my times up no matter how well the week goes. .I believe he's terrified to handle the current issue so I'm an easy target. As I'm there , I'm accessible and I've been open to criticism with plans to adjust. (Non of these are verbal warnings, only talks to modify processes that I may have missed a detail on)
    No one is sleeping with others it's not that kinda place lol.

Located in Columbus Ohio.. a. It far of a commute. I less your paying my flights haha.

Fuck this I'm goin to bed.. well see what tomorrow brings. And if he has the satchel to come talk to me face to face

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well, you'll probably look & feel your best tomorrow morning. :beer:

Good luck, and as was mentioned earlier: record low unemployment means it's a jobseeker's market right now. I know from experience it ain't a good time to be looking for good people. they're pricey right now!

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

"So I keep you on here, completely justified in canning your ass....and this morning you show up with a bad attitude and a 155 lb. hangover! GTFO!"

7. TwiztedRabbit

He's gotta show up for that ;)

8. joec

joec brace yourself

Apply for his job before you leave. I took a few dumbasses jobs that way then was out the door.

badmoon692008 and ducnut like this.
  9. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^this is part of it^^^

There is more to look into...
    To begin with, if the picture you have painted is true and factual, you were setup from the get go...
    He is obviously not a man of integrity nor one you can trust.
    Being falsely accused of something you have not done while at the same time attacking your character with suppressive comments just sucks.
    You already know it’s time to leave.
    Start looking for a new position straight away.
    For what it’s worth, I’d keep my head down and continue performing my duties as before while I look for a new position straight away.

Good luck in your search.

I’m sure a man of your drive and talents for figuring things out will be a good fit for someone who appreciates your talents.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. sheepofblue

Find a duck season shirt.... trust me :Poke:

Smile this is a headache but is likely to actually improve your situation in the long run. :beer:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shit on his desk.

Again.

:D

Adam.B likes this.
  12. TwiztedRabbit

you all are great, that's my current plan. go to work with a smile do my job and do it well... continue to apply, cross fingers hope for best.. the jagoff still hasn't called me back and didn't come in today.... tomorrow we close early for the long weekend... I still have that feeling that tomorrow is the last day

13. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

So? It’s just a job man...in fact with the amount of on the job training and improvement you’re done, plus you’re really good at that corporate double speak, you’ll have another job lined up in no time.

You’re looking at it negatively. Look at it positively, this was the push you needed to get a better job.

BigBird likes this.
  14. TwiztedRabbit

Your not wrong, I'm certainly in the downs about it. I believed we had good plans for the future , I was seeing progress and growth within the business and personal. I'm more worried as to add to the fun my wife was just released back to work after being on disability (post concussion and injuries from a MVA )for 7 months (60% pay rate) so after medical Bills and pay loss things were tighter than we'd like until the last 2 months we have started saving again.

But to the original, I have a lot of apps in. I'm hopeful this will lead to a new and better future.

15. sheepofblue

A lot depends on your state. Alabama is a right to work state so it is day to day unless there is fed law (as it should be). Michigan used to be pretty hard to fire people though I seem to recall some changes a while back. Either way you win and will look back on this as a long gone pain that you learned from.

16. TwiztedRabbit

Ohio is at will , technically they can fire anyone at any time for any reason except protected ones such as gender, age, race , religion, medical issues and so on

sheepofblue likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Throw a shovel and a bag of lime in the trunk and invite the boss to go hunting upstate.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Therein lies a way to play the game. You can easily buy yourself some time and cause trouble for your shitbag boss. File an equal opportunity grievance with the appropriate authority. I’m sure you can figure out some way you’re part of a protected class. He must be discriminating against you because of your membership in that protected class. Maybe you mentioned that your wife was in a MVA to the boss and they’re trying to boot you off the insurance because of cost concerns. Maybe you have back problems and you’ve complained about the lack of workplace safety measures aggravating your condition. Maybe the guy who’s taking your job is younger and healthier. Maybe he’s a different shade than you. Maybe the top boss is a female and made a pass at you that you declined. Lots of options.

They sure as shit won’t fire you while the state is investigating. If they do, that’s clear retaliation and you have the basis for a nice wrongful termination suit. OSHA complaints are also one you can use as a weapon. Complaints to the department of labor relations about unpaid overtime etc. are also useful.

If this cunt wants to be underhanded, you should do the same thing. I’d definitely use the government to fuck with him and the company at this point.

19. sheepofblue

Above is the reason I as someone that people liked working for would not hire you, while I would fight to get him hired.

If the place sucks and does not want help to fix it move on. Life is short and your reputation valuable. If you go filing lawsuits or creating trouble it might be retold with no context. However if you worked everyday doing your best a lie is easy to spot and many people without all the details of the under handed crap will stand up for you. Even on the way out the door thank them for the opportunities. I worked for EDS who I consider a step below the devil. Yet I was on the OK rehire list when I left. I thought to myself only if I am starving...for an extended period. But I thanked my boss for that and moved on. They collapsed as they were unwilling to change and improve (well and had shady ethics) but either way I had no issues with them being contacted nor anyone that was in the office being a reference because I did the right thing. Being an ass can get you tagged as well an ass, even if you were a justified ass.

TwiztedRabbit likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As a transgender male lesbian, you should be safe.

BigBird and lrrs517 like this.