1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

michelin slicks date code translation???

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, May 18, 2019.

1. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

So pretty much every tire I've ever seen has a 4 digit date code. For the life of me, I can't find a 4 digit code on my michelin slicks. I did find a 44F on one and a 48F on the other. Is that the code?

I bought them in July 2018 for what it's worth. Can someone translate for me?

pjdoran likes this.
  2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

It's not DOT approved so they probably don't have your typical code on them.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. ineedanap

Regardless, there must be something designating the manufacturing date. Anybody know?

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The correct method would be to reach out to a Michelin guy like David Grey or Dave Hirsch :Poke:

or

Melka to the white courtesy phone please

5. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Straight up guessing, because I have the same issue, weeks 44 and 48 of 2016, F being the 6th letter of the alphabet. I have 2 with "E" codes followed by 38 and 42, that I assume are 2015 tires based on purchase time frame. As stated, a total guess on my part.

6. ineedanap

That is kind of what I was thinking too, but that would mean mine are from late 2016 and sat on a shelf for over a year and a half. Considering where I bought them, I would have thought they would be fresher.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Dave Grey is No longer working with Michelin AFAIK..

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy