1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Now we are talking on the same wavelength. :D

2. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

I’ll agree about the welfare thing with you.

3. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

I’ll leave it at that.

4. Venom51

Now just as I am with abortion I am not willing to tell someone they can not have welfare help when they need it.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Most current forms of birth control are quite effective. I am offering one option that I personally find morally acceptable. There would be little point in defending my views if I failed to offer some realistic alternatives. As I have repeatedly said, I am not in favor of entirely eliminating abortion. However, it is my sincere belief that at some point abortion is murder. For me, that point is fetal heartbeat. Arbitrary, perhaps, but there must be a line.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Would you mind citing that? Would be very interested to see that data you’re referencing.

Thanks.

7. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Because they don’t want one, can’t afford one, or it will interfere with their lives.

I’m done for the time being. I need to hangout with my family and stop the keyboard debate.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

There is no room for compromise because the positions are incompatible.

One wants to control another, the other wants nothing to do with controlling another.

The reasoning isn't germane.

9. Venom51

All valid reasons...

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I did.

I paid Doctor Gregory C. Luck personally for the luxury of having my then-gf's womb evacuated of the parasite I contributed to the creation of.

Am I an ok guy in your eyes now?

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yes. There is a line. Viability.

You can draw your own line wherever you like. Beautifully, there's no one with a gun to your head forcing you to get an abortion outside the parameters you find personally acceptable.

12. nigel smith

My motivation is not control, unless you consider any restriction on homicide to be about control.

13. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

You say control. What is an abortion? It’s the mom forcing her will, I.e. control, to that innocent kid.

We both know this topic is a revolving door. We will both look for the”gotch ya” line, once we think we have, the other will try to prove different.

14. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I'm going with Boones Farm Strawberry as #1. At least in Mesquite, Texas in the mid 80's.

16. Venom51

When mom backs over the kid with the car is there a difference in that dead kid versus the one that was aborted? Both can be viewed as a tragedy, both have little to no impact on society or anyone outside of the immediate family so where is the difference. What if due to lack of ability to obtain a legal abortion the future mother just decides to not eat well, smoke, drink and take up roller derby while pregnant until she miscarries. Is the outcome any different? I hate the what ifs but a legally obtained abortion is not the only path to not carrying a pregnancy to term.

G 97 likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Abortion isn't homocide.

18. Venom51

So sayeth the law currently.

19. nigel smith

And here is the crux of the matter. Short of the lunatic fringe, the whole argument comes down to where that line should be drawn. I think most of us can agree that human life is worthy of protection. I just want to extend that protection to an earlier point of development.

20. Venom51

Why..are we running out of humans? Is there a shortage?