1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

What says the beep about this new abortion law that the Governor of Alabama signed?

...and what's your stand on abortion?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

It will be over turned.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

in comparison to GAs law?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What Garth said.

I'm not a fan of abortion, but I recognize its necessity and more importantly, that it's none of my fucking business unless I'm the guy who put the baby batter in the biscuit oven.

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of abortion either but in certain circumstances I believe it should be warranted. What if the woman is a victim of rape or incest? How many babies left in dumpsters and women dead from botched abortions will it take before people realize that outright bans are a bad idea?

pickled egg likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How many women die from botched legal abortions now?

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Im torn on this subject myself. I HATE convenience abortions......as in guy didn't put a condom on and the chick allowed him in anyways,so now they need a roto-rooter.......or similar irresponsible scenarios.I hate that shit. It's the "rape" aspect that has me conflicted...........

Killswitch, Funkm05 and pickled egg like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, not a proponent of abortion but like others have said, not my choice and as always individual circumstances should dictate. The very late term ones concern me the most and I would hope that most of these have extenuating circumstances such as health issues etc. I also don’t like the morality aspect that is seemingly brought to the forefront in these types of discussions by some pro lifers etc.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My mother was on the table with her feet in the stirrups in the winter of 67-68, ready to have the "clump of cells" that turned into me Hoovered out. If she hadn't changed her mind, you would not be reading this, so the subject hits pretty close to home for me.

That said, an outright ban will result in young girls dying in alleyways stabbed with coat hangers. There really is no good answer to this problem.

I would be on board with the concept of an individual's second abortion coming with a mandatory hysterectomy. You've proven yourself incapable of self controlling your reproductive organs, so you can't keep them. Ideally, any sperm donor that seeds two abortions loses his functions as well, but that's harder to track.

pickled egg likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They passed it with the intention of the challenge. I don't see it playing out the way they want, but some of this late term legislation coming out lately is a bit over the top.

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I contend that anything two people do with the result of the sexual act in which they willfully engaged is their fucking business and their business alone. If the sex wasn't willful then it is her business and her business alone. The rest of the world can go jerk off to the bible if they feel like it and not abort any of their sexual acts.

Anything short of that is people putting their noses in where they don't belong.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, the NY State late term approval where they outwardly celebrated it was too much. I get the freedom of choice aspect, but you are killing a living entity. No celebration in that.

pickled egg likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I've posted about the physician of poon wanting to give my eldest the Dyson treatment. If she were a molar or partial molar pregnancy I'd be damned if some fuckbags in the legislature and governors mansion would be interfering in a medical decision without a fight.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're making the assumption that the "sperm donor" always supports the abortion. It can happen with or without his consent.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

See where the morality comes in?
    That "entity" is a human life.

The.Johnner likes this.
  17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Probably be counter productive to the goal the author had

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I see two people beating you to death in your front yard, do you want me to put my nose in where it doesn't belong? Some of us see abortion as murder, and believe that society as a whole has a right and a duty to act on the issue.
    That said, the Alabama law goes too far. I believe that it is intended as a direct challenge to Roe vs. Wade and is designed to force the Supreme court to show its hand. It will be struck down on judicial review very quickly.

turner38, The.Johnner and Fonda Dix like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I understand this. It still does not sit well with me when some people judge others on a wholesale basis. Leave the judging of others to God. We are not all with out sin, so why try and single out anyone else. It’s hypocritical.

The.Johnner likes this.
  20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The question is when does late term abortion become murder. If the "baby" was 1 day old it would certainly be murder...how about 1 hour? If a pregnant mother is killed don't they charge for 2 murders? Somewhere around 3 months into it seems to be plenty of time but that's just an arbitrary number. The heart beat thing is foolish as that happens before the woman might be aware.