1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eh, it's kind of a collector thing but it's also the history of the watch. Plus it can prevent you from buying a knockoff or a newer ExplorGMTmariner that is built into a much rarer watch.

Depends on the day but when I was really into flipping it sometimes added a lot of money to the price and depending on what I wanted to do, I sometimes wouldn't touch a watch without all that shit.

Now, if I came across the right year and model GMT or Explorer, I wouldn't give a rats ass. I'm buying for me in this case.

OGs750 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because the pictures make me laugh every time -

hearse1sm.jpg

hearse2sm.jpg

3. Supergirl

Supergirl Well-Known Member

Leather is a different story. Nato I have no love for. Ewww lol
    You are a wise man, Mr. t [emoji7]
    I have a $30 ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon that I use for jewelry and bracelets (off the watch) it does wonders on both. I don't even put it away. It's on the counter. Once a week I throw things in there, jewelry, glasses, sunglasses. Magic. PFM.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like the nato because if I catch it on something and yank an end of it off the band I won't lose the watch. Yes, I have lost watches before doing exactly that :D

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Leather nato - problem solved :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, ick. :D

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Brilliant new watch . . .

[​IMG]

yzfpat, j cal and cha0s#242 like this.
  8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Ramadan sale at an Omega Boutique in Bahrain. OTD price was a little better than 21% less than the US list price. I couldn't pass this one up. :D

She's noticeably heavier than her titanium on leather sister (duh!) but I absolutely love the white dial with outlined sub-dials (not unlike a Daytona Rolex). The bracelet looks very sharp as well with a two-tone effect from some polished and some brushed SS Links.

My Seamaster will stay here with my son. He gets to add that to the two Hamiltons that I have given him. :) IMG_1355.JPG

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    worthless, j cal, mastermind and 2 others like this.
  9. Jedb

Where do I send adoption papers?
    :D

How's J-Lo doing?

10. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

When I know I’m not going to be doing anything crazy I’ve been wearing this one more.... I only used to wear it when I went to the moon.....

[​IMG]

Supergirl and SteveThompson like this.
  11. Supergirl

Is yours hesalite?
    One of my favorites! [emoji176] I think I'd go Saphire, im careful but shit happens. Kitchen, you know [emoji1787]

mastermind likes this.
  12. mastermind

Yup - hesalite.... cause again, moon. Can’t wear the crystal up there ya know.....

It is super delicate.... I scratched it once and spent the better part of a day fussing over it to buff it out.....

j cal likes this.
  13. Supergirl

Well, you could, as long as you don't break it, right? [emoji1787]
    Yeah, scratches would drive me crazy. I'll keep thinking about it. Eventually I'll know lol

Meanwhile, if you go to the moon, please take me with!!

14. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

My least and most expensive watches and love them both equally[​IMG]

15. mastermind

My understanding is the whole reason they did the hesi was because standard sapphire crystal would crack in the vacuum... the hesi flexes and won’t crack.... that could be total bs tho.... that’s just what I heard.

I’ll let you know when I’m doing my next trip up there.....

16. Supergirl

I thought it was because if it breaks, it stays together, where sapphire would explode. Might be wring here too.

I'll check it one of those nights when I can't fall asleep.

Yay for the moon trip!

17. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Justin is doing well. Work is good and he has been busy making babies. Grandkid #3 is due in July. Another boy to go with the girl and the boy that I am really here to see. :)

Supergirl likes this.
  18. Jedb

Glad you have your priorities straight. Benefit of being a grand-dad is that you can give them chocolate, sugar and then give 'em back. :D
    Tell him hello & congratulations next time you are there (or if you still are).

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I wish I'd kept my Speedmaster. It was an impulse buy and kind of a frankenwatch but it still made me happy every time I wore it.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I watch this thread and find it interesting,but deep down I could never spend that kind of money on a watch simply because I would rather get another motorcycle instead.

And then I see the Omega's. I'll have to say that is the one watch that I would forgo a motorcycle for. And they're actually reasonable for the quality your getting. One day I'll have the exact one the mastermind has in the pic above. That is just a beautiful. (then again, I can get a Luger and an M1A instead. choices, choices:D)