1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR race

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, May 4, 2019.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

only 6 hours...

JJJerry likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Duh.

G 97 likes this.
  3. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I did see an interview with Kyle after the podium stuff was over. He got some air time.

4. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Don’t know dude haven’t seen dominion but all I know is there’s a guard rail 2 feet away from a kink on the straightaway and the insides of corners at VIR have a 2 inch raise in the bump out

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Thanks Sam, I thought it was a bit shorter than that. Still for a guy with one buddy in a van or pickup without a lot of spares and maybe the rider spends some of that time getting himself mended that might not be a lot of time. I wasn't there, so can't say for sure if that was the cause of any of the Twins DNS or not, just speculating. Sorry I should have made that clearer.

6. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Lmao I can imagine him looking to see where the camera is then slowing down waving at it and repeating over and over

7. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Sponsorships and image are way more focused on there. Way too much branding. Honestly motorcross feels like Walmart on wheels

8. I’d rather see Gerloff get upset than just be ok with not winning. He has passion and obviously is getting tired of not winning. There is something missing either with him or the bike as he’s showed he can go fast but he doesn’t seem to show that speed consistently in the race. He’s been on good equipment his whole career, at least as far back as I can remember. It’s time for him to step up as like I said before that’s the pressure you get when you get one of the limited factory seats.

turner38 and drop like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It has to be frustrating. It wasn’t that long ago that every supersport race was basically his to lose.

10. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Nobody thanks it's not frustrating, nobody thinks he should be happy with second.

G 97 likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

On to a new topic. Headline of the weekend should be “Honda Actually Wins Production Based Motorcycle Road Race!”

It would only have been better if he crossed the line first.

12. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Ever been to a AFT race? I think the whole event takes 6 hours...

TLR67 likes this.
  13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Tom Kipp is the new rider rep. He spoke to both riders and he agreed.

14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Q1 was done at 1105, then parc ferme, then even though we we delayed a little bit, we still had to be ready to be out for sighting at 3:45.

With the weather in and out, trying to decide how to set up, that time flew by... I was working non-stop and didn't have any big issues to fix, although Draik had gone down in Q1. If we had big issues, it would have been super tight on time and not sure I could have made it...

All in all, great weekend and race. Not a big fan of the two day event though.

15. I was just curious how he “deserved” to be the top “Yamaha”. To me that seemed a shot at JD but I’m probably reading too much into it. He deserves to be the top Yamaha when he’s the first Yamaha to cross the line.
    If anything I think RS may be at a slight advantage in some aspects as he has a bit more freedom but at a disadvantage in some due to not having all those resources.

Odilup likes this.
  16. Ok that made me laugh.

17. He wouldn’t be that close in the points :)

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had to miss the hot pit walk. I had posters and everything and wants to go sign some posters for some kids (and adults)! Adjustments, tire changes, going over the bike and getting hot pit ready took time. But the classes that raced Saturday had even less time. I get that Friday’s may have low attendance, but my feeling is it helps everyone put on the best show possible and sign some autographs too! Lol....

JBall likes this.
  19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

2 day shows save money from every aspect. It has to. From motoamerica straight down to the final fan. Everywhere money is saved.

20. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Not at all arguing that... just a "get what you pay for" sorta thing.

Not saying I won't be happy to be at a 2 or 3 or 4 or 6 day event... just don't prefer the 2.

TLR67 likes this.