1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR race

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, May 4, 2019.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I watched it. I don’t think I’ve said anything to the contrary. If I did, again please show me.

You don’t think that possibly someone on his team or close to him pulled him aside and maybe put a bug in his ear?
    In any event, I’m still waiting for you to show me all of those things you said I did.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good Lord. I love your definition of slammed. Slammed? :crackup:

Again please show me where I remotely criticised or called into question his passion.

You seemingly have a hard time comprehending the differences. It’s evidently hard for you from your reply’s. LOL.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not saying any of that is untrue. Doesn’t change that he’s a passionate racer who feels like he is doing everything in his power to succeed and is frustrated that he keeps coming up short. I only took what he said as frustration with himself. And I understand that frustration. I’ve been there before. Most of us have and those that haven’t been there are only because they’ve tried that hard for anything.

4. redtailracing

If I remember correctly you called him unprofessional. For a pro racer trying to advance in his career, that’s probably the worst thing you can call someone behind “slow.”

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

26 finishers and 7 DNF and 3 DNS so a lot more than half finished.
    There was not a lot of time between qualifying and the race, so I think qualifying crashes (in wet then dry conditions) was part of the DNS story. There were some crashes in the race and a few mechanical issues like Hoffman lost his chain on the last lap costing him 7th place. Watch for him being well into the top 10 at his home round at Road America later this month.

r6boater likes this.
  6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So that was an interview covering one race fairly early on in a multiple race season, I wonder what would it be like at the end of the year in a Hopkins/Hill scenario.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I didn’t say he was unprofessional. I said his podium interview was unprofessional. Which it clearly was.
    So do you think his first interview enhanced his trying to advance his career?

As far as the slow comment, again not relevant to the conversation. Unless you mean finishing second. Which he did.

8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched the broadcast yet, but Garrett was in tears when he walked off and needed some consoling. In person it was a lot less “being a jerk” and “wow, I really feel bad for him”, it was pretty clear he was having a little bit of an emotional breakdown. The superfan pack did a great job cheering him up and got some laughs out of him.

JD handled himself extremely well, and him throwing a bone and bringing up Garrett lapping him when the track went dry and he was on rains, seemed to put things in perspective for Garrett and he was a lot better after that.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Who is disagreeing with this?

You've been there. You dedicated most f your entire life to racing motorcycles?
    You’ve made a living racing motorcycle as your only career and or source of income?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You think your posts were complimentary? :crackup: You know you were bitching about what he said/did.

12. redtailracing

I’m not going to speculate on what impact it did or didn’t have on his career. I suspect very little. But I know as a fan, seeing his drive to win and passion out in the open like that just made me like him more.

13. redtailracing

Now you’re just being obtuse for the sake of it. You’re telling me you’ve never committed a ton of effort into something, whether it be a profession, hobby, or something else only to still come up short of the goal no matter how hard you tried?

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

No I don't think it was complementary but it was far from slamming him.
    His interview wasn’t exactly complimentary.
    It certainly wasn’t a good interview on his part regardless. That’s pretty much accurate.

Oh and far from bitching. Well unless you call a simple observation and response as bitching then the entire bbs is nothing but bitching. :crackup:

drop likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Who’s being obtuse again?

16. redtailracing

And I don’t get the posts saying he made any sort of jab at JD. He basically said he felt he and his team had put in the work and deserved a win. That’s much different than saying jd didn’t deserve it. Quit reading into shit that isn’t there. I swear as time goes on, more and more people in this community just look for shit to bitch about.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

2nd place dropped off for the podium. I didnt see 20 secs of difference between their lap times in a shortened race.

18. redtailracing

From my point of view, this isn’t much of a stretch from the truth these days. Between the ma+ being shit, the twins cup shouldn’t exist, riders can’t show a drop of emotion, not enough superbikes on the grid, etc. yea I’d say the bbs is just a lot of bitching these days. Kinda sad.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don't think anyone has ever, not once, stated that racers can’t show a drop of emotion but yet you keep saying it.
    Talk about interjecting things that don't exist or happened.

20. redtailracing

You’re right. I inferred that. But I’m not sure what else from his interview could be construed as “unprofessional.”