1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR race

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, May 4, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh lord. I'm talking about the coverage and the TV show only. Kyles motivation is entirely different. He did exactly what he should in those conditions, his job isn't to entertain, it is to finish as far forward as possible. His ONLY chance was to get out as far as he could and hope for another shower or for the track to take longer to dry. Either way he had to go as fast as he could as long as he could, staying with the others would have done nothing at all for his tires or his end result.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing wrong with being a little unprofessional at times. The boring is boring.

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not exactly. They almost always show the leader on the last lap. Sadly for Kyle he was not way out front leading the last lap.

5. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Oh I agree from a viewer perspective, that little meltdown was entertaining as hell. But it was still crazy.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seemed entirely normal human to me. Racers are intense. Racers being intense on camera is good for the sport.

rcarson15 likes this.
  7. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I see it as being very professional to know to step away before he said something he could not take back. It shows he is smart enough to step aside for a minute and then come back after he had time to cool down. Would you rather see things like they have on NASCAR or an Aaron Yates drop kick? Sometimes in life the best thing to do is take a minute before speaking. Just my opinion

8. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

That is my friend Dennis.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Jesus man, as much as I see people bitch about the lack of personalities these days, it never ceases to amaze me that when someone does show some personality, everyone bitches about it. Give the kid a break. He wasn’t trying to take anything away from jd. But he’s feeling the pressure and if anything, it just showed how passionate he is. And I can appreciate a rider that’s actuslly not happy with consistently being 2nd Best.

jksoft and Boman Forklift like this.
  10. redtailracing

My thoughts exactly. If anything I like Garrett even more now. The guys passionate.

jksoft, rcarson15 and 5axis like this.
  11. redtailracing

Gotcha. I figured it was something like that. But I wasnt sure if he missed he sighting lap.

12. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Well I just disagree. When "passion" reaches the point of talking about the first-time winner like he didn't deserve it, and looking like you're having a mental breakdown..I think that's going too far. Which somebody obviously agreed with 'cause he came back to Hannah for a second attempt. I don't think in 50 years of watching racing I've ever seen a retake podium interview before.

Robin172 and drop like this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Please show me where I’m bitching about Gerloffs personality.
    Please show me where I questioned his desire or his passion.
    Please show me where I said he should be complacent with finishing 2nd place.

drop likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t think either nascar or Yates actions have any viable point in this discussion. Again passion, desire and personality are different then professionalism. There is a reason why he came back a second time.

15. redtailracing

Everything he said in post race was due to his very passionate personality about racing. And you slammed him for it. Not that hard to put together...

16. redtailracing

He said “I’m sorry, I need a minute.” Which, to me, translates to “let me compose myself then we’ll talk.” It wasn’t “oh I fucked up. I gotta fix it.”

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

What Oak Tree?

:crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The turn named Oak Tree.....

:D

19. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Hauling home an empty champagne bottle doesnt suck.

Gino230, Pitdad42, cBJr and 5 others like this.
  20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

What could he say he would regret? JD is cheating? JD didn't deserve the win because he isn't "factory".

He put the pressure on himself when he signed the dotted line.

As far as consistently 2nd place... That means he is consistently a 2nd place racer. He needs to step up a little more to win. And I don't mean a win where herrin crashes his eyes out, Elias's bike won't stay running, JD has a flat, cam crashes, and scholtz has electronics issues.

Can I do it, hell no. Never been able to and never will. But his situation is all on him.

Circacee likes this.