1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR race

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, May 4, 2019.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I agree man.. Gerloff was pissed off and I felt for the dude. SO DAMN close yet so far. I`d rather see raw emotion than the usual interview. Check AMA Supercross for Robots, they`re programmed.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Little too much grip from the rear :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stoney was always a really good rider but Rocco is something else.

Hotfoot, Mblashfield and Scott S. like this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Personally I don't care. He's his own man and he does / says what's right for him. The part that concerns is that the pressure is going to be 3x in 2 weeks. There are a lot of fast guys in there and a lot of things that go unexpected.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never happen for racing, at least not with us. Don't need a highside out of Oak Tree landing on the access road.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're insane if you think the runoff at VIR and Dominion are remotely comparable.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you don't do the sighting lap you have to go to the back of the grid.

I do wonder if he'd known about the penalty if he could have picked up the pace more or sooner to offset it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Welcome to driven racers.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It absolutely is factory level - from a privateer team. Same as last year. Stanboli can build bikes as well as any factory wrench.

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

They knew exactly what they thought they were doing and it didn't work out. He needed to be slower at the start and faster when getting shuffled all the way back. Even when the winner checks out (for real) they don't get the camera coverage despite truly earning that sponsor exposure. He needed to get his brand in the action to get exposure and instead he just ran away then dropped like a stone.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: If he gestured there was a valid reason.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Pridmore sure lit into Herrin for doing it in Race 2. He talked about it for about a minute, which is an eternity during a race.

rcarson15 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is why at Talladega you signal down the back straight. It is not hard to stay off the line at Barber without being at a walking speed. Yes VIR the pits are to the right and the last two turns are rights - so you signal early, there is a good line of sight coming down the hill.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They ignore anyone who is way out front when there is a battle behind them. As they should. They talked Kyle up a bunch, that's all you'll get with that kind of gap. I like Kyle too but his run wasn't entertaining, just as JD and Garrett weren't, the race in the next pack however was and exactly what they should have shown.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys never seem to get it. This isn't about the race winner or leader or anything remotely like that, this is professional racing which is an entertainment business. The TV coverage is a show put on to entertain the viewers. A single bike riding by itself is not entertaining. The leader will get covered when they cross the checker but that's about it if they're out there alone and there is racing behind them. Especially racing as good as Elias/Scholtz/Lewis/Petersen were doing.

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

That was exactly my point. If the stunt was for exposure, he needed to back himself up to the field a bit at the start. It was the wrong conditions for a runaway like that to work with it only taking 3 laps for slicks to come in and the track drying everywhere not just on the main line.

17. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Pridmore has always been that way. He has a ridiculous amount of info pouring through his brain at every moment, and it's hard to spit it all out. Greg is better at the short OMG LOOK AT THAT stuff.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Emotions and being professional are two separate issues.
    Very understandable to be emotional.
    Not very understandable to be unprofessional.

Why do you think he came back to do a second interview?

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It depends. Lots of times they’ll show someone running out front all by their lonesome.

They did it in race one. They showed Cam all by himself instead of the last lap battle for second between Elias and Gerloff.

Circacee likes this.
  20. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

TV showed Wyman do what he's supposed to do: ride like hell and hope the rain comes back. I'm not interested in watching a guy intentionally back up to second to keep his bike on screen.