1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR race

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, May 4, 2019.

1. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

My comment was about the teams who should have picked him, not that he should have taken them up on it.

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Youre referencing the qualifying session where Sean Dylan Kelly was running his line, had qualifying pace going and Gillim decided to stuff him like it was the last lap of the race and then got pissed about it?

Yeah, that move irked me and his gesturing afterward was completely unnecessary.

drop likes this.
  3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A lot of crashes. Quite a few riders overcooked turn 1 and there was no saving it with the wet grass. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Justin Filice. He went down pretty hard at the end of the race and banged up some ribs.

Gino230 likes this.
  4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Herrin was gesturing also when when Toni past him in race 1. Of course, that looked even stupider since Toni quickly dropped him like he was yesterday’s news....

Hoffman900 likes this.
  5. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you’re going to gesture to somebody, at least be faster / beat them, especially on the same equipment?

Herrin seemed a little aloof this weekend. Not sure if he’s losing himself in his head or what. Toni keeps doing what Toni does - if he can’t win, he finds a way onto the podium, even if his bike not handling 100%.

Bobby Fong’s crew has “Chill” on his pit board. I think Sunday was a fluke, but coming out of this weekend with two DNF and a totaled bike isn’t good. He’s super talented and fast, just needs to stop ending up on the ground.

JH4 looks like the savvy veteran he is. Fans loved seeing him out there and in winners circle.

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I will defend Hayden here because this post is making some incorrect assumptions.

If you could have seen what Kelly was doing in the corners before the camera showed Hyaden’reaction, you might understand it better. He was slow and preparing to pit, yet in the racing line and in the way. Hayden was frustrated and was gesturing to signal that he was pitting.

The very last thing Hayden Gillim is, is arrogant. He is a complete gentleman and I would encourage you to stop by and meet him at a race anytime to see for yourself

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

This!!!

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Ever tried to pit in at tally coming around farm house and stay completely out of the race line. No because you can't.

At barber when you throw your leg out on the back straight to signal pit in, and then on the left hander before crossing the bridge at the right hander, it's hard as fuck to stay to the very very left of the track, unless your walking the bike, which is more dangerous.

Maybe that's one of those places. Never been there I don't know.

And throwing hands up and being a dick, is just that. That's my opinion.

9. I think they were referring to his time in BSB, it rains a lot more there is all I can think of. Not to mention in BSB the tracks are not exactly as safe not to mention no rider aids.
    I didn’t understand what Gillim was upset about, I rewinded it and couldn’t figure it out. I was wondering if Kelly has out his foot out or hand up a few corners before or something then was in the racing line where Gillim thought he wouldn’t be? I don’t think he’s arrogant, even the slightest. Never seen that or got that impression from watching or being around him. I actually think quite the opposite.

10. I’m assuming he means now and not then :) I think he’d do well in BSB without all the rider aids.

11. He’s in the spotlight, on a factory bike. That comes with a certain level of expectations. It’s the price you pay for accepting the offer. There is no doubt he can throw down fast laps, I’m just not sure what happens to him come race time. He’s in the hot seat and that comes with a certain amount of pressure. He’s had every opportunity to succeed so he needs to step it up. That’s the reality of being in a factory seat. Expectations are very high and I hope he does do well. I’d like to see a 5/6 way battle for the lead with a few laps to go.

12. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Garrett's meltdown after beating all the other factory bikes was just weird. JD is a legit rider with a ton of experience on a fast bike, and Garrett acted like it was crazy that he came in second to him. It's not crazy bro, you gotta go faster.

drop, Chino52405 and TLR67 like this.
  13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It happens. You don't always see it, but it happens. A lot. I'm there, I see it often, with nearly every rider at one time or another. Adrenaline flows and people make mistakes in judgement.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Something happened about 2/3rds thru the race and JD dropped Garrett...by several seconds. TV didn't show it but I'd guess it was a back marker or perhaps a wet patch slip. In any case I can appreciate GG's emotion at seeing his chance evaporate. Apparently the eight laps remaining weren't enough to cool off. These kids are wrapped pretty tight just trying to make it to the top. I can understand the emotion.

renegade17 and Dragginass like this.
  15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Or perhaps JD turned it up to 11 and GG could only get it up to 10.5.

drop likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep. A little disappointed in Gerloffs response. Not professional. Way off base with the entire deserve comments and didn’t reflect well on him.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I`m new to Moto America however it has me hooked. Bobby Fong is easily my favorite cat to watch although he had a rough weekend.

A little rant - The camera work is subpar, missing some Picture in Picture(PIP) options. For the Sunday Superbike race, Kyle Wyman was out front throwing down some monster laps(before his rains went to mush) and they focused on the 5th-12th freight train. I would`ve loved to see some side by side action of both riders/groups. On the crash portions, unless the camera is focused on the actual rider at the time of the incident, their replay system is useless.

Announcers wise- JP43 needs to relax and just be himself. He comes with a wealth of knowledge however seems to stumble around and lose himself while explaining certain situations. Greg is awesome although he said "AMA" a million times LOL
    Overall, I`m glad to see the sport is growing a bit. JD Beach is awesome and such a feel-good story. The dude can flat-out ride!

Gino230 and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was pretty disappointed in this too. Kyle went with the rains to get out front for a few laps and get exposure for his team and his sponsors, and the camera crew COMPLETELY ignored him. It was total BS.

rcarson15 and drop like this.
  19. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

People make no sense first they bitch about robot type racers. then racers show emotion and the same people bitch about not being professional?

JJJerry, busa99, rcarson15 and 3 others like this.
  20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

It is always better to look good than to feel good.