1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR race

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, May 4, 2019.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Damn that was an awesome race

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

So happy for JD. Dam Garrett was sure unappreciative of his 2nd place.....

3. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I can understand why he is upset and it shows he definitely has a huge desire to win.

cajun636 likes this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I get it. I’m sure he feels a lot of pressure. He’s the only factory rider without a win. He’s qualified on pole 2 out of 3 races so far this year. He’s worked his ass off and I’m sure he’s just very tired of coming up short. Honestly I think he would have been less upset with a 5th place or even a crash. But he was so close to jd for a while it just made it that much harder to accept. Especially considering he whipped all the guys that would normally impede his win the most. And instead of winning he has to watch a different rider on a non factory Yamaha get his glorious first win. I feel bad for the kid and am really hoping to see him on the top step at road America.

Dragginass likes this.
  5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

The team sent him back for a re-do

Dragginass and mram0256 like this.
  6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

So JD don't have the desire to win?

And just because youre a factory rider doesn't mean you deserve to win.

Every rider out there deserves to win. They just have to step up to do it. Today was JDs day.

TLR67 likes this.
  7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Im sure Garrett is under a lot of pressure as well. Last year was a struggle and I'm sure contract renewal is on the back of his mind.

I would imagine Yamaha wants to bring in a former MotoGP/WSBK rider a lot like Suzuki did with Elias?

8. dieterly

How long before they realize Barnie is having a problem?

9. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

No doubt being beat straight up by the guy who you out dueled for a factory ride adds to it.

That said, the fans did a good job cheering him up.

Bobby Fong’s crash from pit wall was a heart stopping moment for sure.

10. redtailracing

I didn’t take it as a stab at jd. I’m sure if you ask Garrett he would say jd earned the win and he’s happy for him. I just took as him being frustrated with himself.

11. dieterly

Did he just say he took CBD's?????:bow:

12. redtailracing

I caught that too. Kinda funny. Hope that’s not a banned substance or some dumb shit. Lol

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

CBD oil from hammer.......lol... Hmmm..

Great race for draik. Actually great race period.

r6boater likes this.
  14. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

That was really fun to watch.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  15. dieterly

Guarantee he’s giving sample A as we speak...

drop likes this.
  16. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I think being JD's teammate for those years and JD getting his first win before him had a lot to do with it. I'm sure he is still wanting to prove he was the right choice to move up to the factory superbike last year because JD is obviously adapting a lot faster.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Everyone acts like the attack bike is junk......that bike is as proper as any factory bike on the grid.

Odilup and fastedyamaha like this.
  18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No one can say that the Attack bike is not a top tier bike. Look what Herrin did last year on it compared to his results this year. Stamboli would be a very very close second choice to Keith Perry if I could chose anyone to build my race bike.

19. redtailracing

Not saying it’s not a great bike. But as someone else said, I’m sure Garrett is feeling the pressure to prove Yamaha made the right call with him. And no matter how good the attack bike is, there will always be more pressure on the factory rider to win.

20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I crapped my pants watching T. Wyman save that bike. :eek: