1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

That’s awesome, good luck!

2. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

Best of luck on the Baja 1000. I got back from my first Baja ride two weeks ago. My last night was in San Felipe just before the Trump visit to Calexico. The Baja 250 was the weekend after I left and there was a lot of prep going on. I couldn't get enough of sleeping on beaches, beer and shrimp tacos. I got a year on my 701 insurance and I'm going back as soon as possible. I took my Sherpax trailer which I just got and had little experience with. It worked out quite well once I learned how to load it. There's a reason they can't make them fast enough to stay up with demand. The sunrise pic is from my tent on Bahia de Los Angeles 01Preparing to load.jpg 15 BLA sunrise - smaller.jpg

TurboBlew, masshole, wera313 and 4 others like this.
  3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That seems epic. I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

$20, five hours and ten beers later, I’ve got this rigged up on the Holsclaw to save five minutes loading up.

2171D1A8-6BF4-4FAF-A8CE-635D17895CF0.jpeg 339F9CCD-4FD2-4C69-855E-846F203D2303.jpeg F5E4A24C-708F-4CA3-82CC-922427EB4EA8.jpeg

Next week, I’ll weld up an aluminum adapter for the hitch-mount bike hauler.

TurboBlew and TLR67 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, haven't seen a Holsclaw in years :D

6. Resident Plarp

It’s the best $100 I’ve ever spent.

And those fenders are good enough to slit a deer’s chest open when it fucks with you in traffic.

:D :D :D

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Jesus, $70,000 worth of rides on $70 worth of trailer.

8. Resident Plarp

The Holsclaw is no joke. It’s a well-made all-steel chassis with suspension. Even the deer it killed at 60 mp/h only bent the left fender, slightly. All it needs is a longer tongue to make it easier when backing up, but that’s no biggie. Wheel bearings have been replaced and I’ll probably swap out the shocks this year. Other than that, this trailer will last another century.

pscook likes this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I need some info on the Hatfield McCoy trails. My brother and I are thinking about going to the Buffalo Mountain area to ride for a couple days but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to camp around there. Just lots of cabins for guys who bring their wimmins or something. Anybody familiar with the area or know some tips? Just need a place to have a small fire and sleep in the trailer. Even someones yard would be ok. Probably gonna go on Memorial day weekend. Don't wanna pay a ton for a place to stay and most will likely be booked up anyway.

10. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

11. eggfooyoung

Pizza joint at the gas station there in Matewan is pretty good!

Who's been to Black Mountain?

12. cpettit

Thanks i'll check into that.

13. cpettit

Lay off the pizzas chubby!

14. cpettit

You wanna go?

15. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

Just got back from Brimstone, TN last weekend. Guys from Indiana that we were with have been to Black Mountain and it sounded like they always enjoyed it.

16. eggfooyoung

Never!

17. eggfooyoung

Can't do Memorial Day weekend, but we could set something for another time for sure.

cpettit likes this.
  18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Holy shit.

It’s better than I imagined. I’ll provide a full report on the drive home in a few days.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

How was Brimstone? And is it more suited for utv/atv's or dirtbike country too?

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

black mountain KY? I've been a couple times. It was once public and is now (questionably) private land.