1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 NFL Bold Predictions

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Was happy to see the Clemson D linemen go 4, 13, and 17. Dexter Lawrence is a beast. Giants fans should have no issue with that pick.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

17. NEW YORK GIANTS (VIA BROWNS): DT DEXTER LAWRENCE
    This one is surprising because the Giants did not NEED a defensive tackle. Last year’s third-round pick, B.J. Hill, is a star in the making, and 2017 second-rounder Dalvin Tomlinson is quietly on a similar plane. Those two can play 3-technique (between the guard and tackle) or 5-technique (over the tackle) on base downs, with Lawrence occupying the middle as a nose. But that package will only be usable about 20 snaps a game. A few top edge rushers were still on the board, as were all of the defensive backs. Giants GM Dave Gettleman believes in stocking up on D-linemen, but defensive coordinator James Bettcher, who runs a pressure-heavy scheme, can only play with so many at once. And that pressure-heavy scheme can’t work if New York doesn’t have corners and safeties who can cover one-on-one.

GRADE: D+
    :D

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Let's see, it's a dude that has been injured for two years, and failed a drug test for steroids. AND, as said above we didn't need a DT. Sweat was still available. Great GM.

Giants said I can't get a refund on season tickets. And unfortunately, the Redskins had a great draft. Well, see you in the top 5 again Draft.

BTW must say the draft in Nashville is awesome. Said over 200K people were there....very awesome, so yeah football is dead.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:eek: BIRD !!!.....step back...take a few deep breaths...don't ever speak those words again. :D

BigBird likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, the Foreskins drafted another QB. He'll probably sign his contract (with all or most of it guaranteed if he's smart) and then fall down the stairs on the way out and end his career forever.
    What QB who is in his right mind would come to Washington? This is the place you go to get hurt and end your career.

Pittsburg takes a LB. Oh boy! :rolleyes:

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

And traded up to do it.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shut up!!! Just shut the heck up! :D

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hey you could have the one of the highest rated LB's in the draft or the 6th ranked QB...your choice.

9. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

They need a replacement for Shazier...he can say what he wants but he’s never going to play football again.

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Very unlike them, almost fell out of my chair when it was announced. It was an obvious need with Shazier not there.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think Haskins is the real deal. Yeah Washington is where you go to get injured, but he could be really good. Not as good as Daniel "#6 Pick who should have gone Day 2" Jones though :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

noles19 likes this.
  12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Well, he did grow up and go to high school in that area, so he’s essentially coming home to play in front of friends and family. He’s the real deal, as long as he has a line to keep him healthy he will do amazing things.

BigBird and noles19 like this.
  13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Gettleman is horrible, absolutely beyond horrible.. when they picked that qb 6th he should have been fired on the spot, Haskins would have been a great pick.
    That said, Dexter Lawrence is very very good and will be a beast.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap but the 'skins never have a line that does anything much at all.

I hope he's the one that breaks the QB curse in DC.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Daniel Jones looks like the actor they'd cast to play Eli Manning in a movie about Peyton Manning's life. @Giants #NFLDraft
    :crackup:

auminer and BigBird like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn....that's about spot-on

My wife was at least he looks like a J Crew model, but was like they should have chosen Allen. and she doesn't even like football, but I guess I was talking so much about it, she needed to console me somehow.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

If he liked Jones, fine and Dandy, but there is such a thing as predicting what would the other teams would do. No one was choosing Jones by 17, 37, 107. Allen/Sweat would have been a haul.

Dexter Lawrence may be good, but The thing is that we don't another DT, especially not in our defensive scheme. We have Tomlinson and BJ Hill (who is also going to be a beast).
    We need EDGE rushers and we traded the only good one we had.

F**k this dude Gettleman. He just wants people to think he's smarter than them.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I want to the 'skins still suck :)

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, they'll still suck, they'll just have a QB. :D

They could have a young Brady and they'd still suck. Why? Dan Snyder.

BigBird likes this.
  20. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Yep. Was just talking about that yesterday, and explained that we’d given up season tickets we’d had for 15 years pretty much just because of him...