1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyonen own a Dodge Durango R/T

Discussion in 'General' started by ajcjr, Jan 17, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm coming up on the end of the lease on my current 2017 Durango R/T (got it early in 2016). I've actually liked it so much I'm thinking about getting a 2019 model. I toyed with the notion of getting the SRT but I don't really want something that's even WORSE on gas than this 5.7 Hemi is (a 6.4 Hemi is going to be dreadful), not really worth it to me for only 100 extra HP. It's not been terrible on gas, but yeah I don't really want something that would be worse, and the engine is definitely lively enough for me.

Another nicety with the newer model year R/T (18-19) is that they've added the SRT's updated front facia/bumper and hood w/ scoop and heat extractors that gives it a bit of a meaner looking up front stance. I may be a bit juvenile but I'm really digging it in black with the new mopar blue racing stripes they offer...I'm definitely liking this combo at the moment.

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 4.12.18 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Wife still has a '12 R/T. She loves it. Reliable, great car. And it has a great 60's V8 roar, I love to hit it hard on on ramps and away from lights. Vroom!

3. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I don’t dislike the Durango but it’s looooong overdue for a redesign.

BigBird likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yep...Pacifica all the way!

Phl218 and motoracer1100 like this.
  5. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Have to say i am happy with my 18 RT, to me the SRT really isnt worth it but everyone has a different liking to more hp.

Attached Files:

• DR1.jpg
      DR1.jpg
      File size:
      401 KB
      Views:
    • dr2.jpg
      dr2.jpg
      File size:
      252 KB
      Views:
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah.....for $70K I think there’s much better choices to get in a car than an SRT.

G2G and ajcjr like this.
  7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Is that’s what they cost? :eek:

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Uh huh.....I was scoping out the new ones they had on display at the auto show in NYC today. The SRT is quite tempting but rather pointless for the price. The 2019 R/T they've added the SRT front facia, performance hood and it feels like the steering wheel is the smaller stubbier one off of the SRT as well. They've also added Apple Car play which is nice. I think I pretty much made up my mind to trade up to the new one since I've not heard any news on a redesign coming out next year.

The one thing I can't decide now is if I should go for black w/ the Mopar blue stripes or the matte gunmetal ones....?????

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 4.12.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.16.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.16.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.16.52 PM.png

Phl218 likes this.
  9. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Considering FCA is at the bottom of pretty much every new car reliability score, I'd say they are actively trying to prove you wrong. :)

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Wife has a 15 RT.

It's great for I need a minivan but don't want a minivan.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think my sister is soon to be in a similar boat, she likes mine and hates her minivan lol

12. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

My wife went from a minivan to a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. We test drove the Durango, Explorer and the Grand Cherokee and everything about the Jeep seemed a little better. The only thing that put the Durango apart was the third row seating. We only have two kids and the third row in the minivan almost never got used. She gets a little over 20mpg in the Jeep with the V6. For the most part it has enough power for every purpose. No towing involved, so I can't comment on that. She has had it for over a year and still loves it.

13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Gunmetal stripes... with red interior.

Lookig at the same thing but with out the stripes, as it is a 2019 used full loaded (everything the catalogue has)
    If I can, I`ll had the gunmetal stripes later.
    Still have ahard time justifying $55K for a 10k km on it.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Again, not a SUV van, but had a Mazda CX-9 as a rental for a week. Amazing handling and a lot of torque down low. Interior way above anything in it's class.

(yes they were out of minivans and had no decent sedans)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did they put a different motor in the CX-9?

The one I drove with the 2.4T motor was useless as the cabinet over the fridge is to Dave K

Chris likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gunmetal with black interior.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

same 2.4T, it has like 300+ lb/tq under 3k RPM? how much more you want in a MUV?

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess the one I drove was a pig, seemed like it took a day for the blowhard to spoil up enough to get it to move.

I'll take an NA v6 over that pile.

19. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Get the red interior, look at my photos above, cool little option. MY 18 has apple play, the nice srt hood, got the tech package and captain chairs in the back. Pulls my little alum v nose trailer great.

20. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

What do you guys (R/T owners) get on milage when hauling (approx. 4500-5000lbs) ?