1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 3 | USA | April 12 -14

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 8, 2019.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I spoke to one team manager during the last race at Indy and he was very surprised when I told him that might be the last race at Indy. Of course it’s about money, that time DORNA didn’t want to flip the bill for the 3 747’s bringing the equipment back and forth to Europe, and neither was Indy.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

"I jussaddta getmeeyes onnit, i did."

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I was pretty surprised as well when we got there and all we heard all weekend was how this was probably the last race, yet the attendance both at the track and downtown were incredible.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Suzuki is bringing it. On all levels.

No shit, the beeb is gonna be fucked for the next decade.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Only by your posts/threads and Toe's maps that he copies from Google

:eek:

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

So since Rossi finished 2nd, you got Suzuki now?:Poke:

7. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Is there a translation service available for this? :D

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

By the way, just an FYI on my commuting experiences this past weekend for those who have never been and were curious about this like I was. I never dealt with any of the 1/2/3 hour driving times that people were describing on this and some other internet sites.

I don't know if its a matter of hyperbole/exaggeration or if COTA has gotten much better with moving people in and out of the place but I was staying at a hotel just beyond the airport and on Saturday after the SBK race I timed it exactly 45 minutes to get from my seat in the T15 grandstand to my hotel room. The walk to the parking lot and the drive were about equal amounts of time.

I can only speak for my experience coming in/out through the north side of the track on Kellam Rd and parking in Lot F. I'd recommend this approach as opposed to the main entrance that comes in off of 812 as I'm guessing that might be busier, but yeah I found traveling to and from the track all weekend to be quite reasonable.

Newyork likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"Cheers lass." - G. Martin

12. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

The commentators curse is real.

CRA_Fizzer, track wagon and Phl218 like this.
  13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

That might have been his clearest interview I've seen yet lol

scottn and track wagon like this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

HAYELL no. Them sons a bitches will be back to 19th by next race.

BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, you're Maverick Vinales...

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You ask Yamaha to send you to their Champions Riding School and have them teach you how to do holeshots and learn racecraft?

BigBird, badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Or they give you a special 7 gallon endurance tank and make you practice with that filled to the brim so that when you have a full tank at the start of the race you can handle it instead of going backwards...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

It was definitely TC we were hearing...it was the same sounds a bunch of the bikes were making just Toni’s bike seemed to have it kicking in sooner/longer than the rest. Either way it sounded awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Toni definitely uses a lot of TC....him at jersey coming out of turn 4, you can watch him pin it at the apex and just hear that thing do everything but make a clean exhaust note. Sounds awesome every time

Newyork likes this.
  20. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Thats exactly what we were hearing...sounded like sputtering but sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk