1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investing in Cannibas

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

That’s odd. In Colorado legal cannabis is actually less expensive than illegal cannabis in non-legal states

2. Blu Flag

Blu Flag Well-Known Member

Some weed products are legal in Canada nationally (edibles aren't legal yet). I have heard of a few people getting into the investment about 18 months ago that all did very well. The Canadian market has flattened a little because (IMO) the Canadian Gov't has dragged their heels on licensing (I think there are only 25 licenced storefronts in all of Ontario approx. 8M people + online) and implementing policies. BUT, if you are in the US, recreational weed is governed under state laws and policies, while financial commerce laws and policies are Federal in the US. I had read a news report that a traveler from Vancouver got stopped at the US boarder and the Guard discover while looking at his phone that he had investments in some US weed business which by US federal laws is illegal. So the Guard banned him from border crossing for 5 years on the spot. My suggestion is do your financial research and ask questions from industry people about the legal dos and don'ts. From what I've heard the supplier jobs are good, $20 per hr & benefits for general labor. I also heard that one of the former AMA Racers was in the business on the agriculture end of things. I'm sure there is still good money to be made but I think most of the easy low hanging fruit has been picked. Good luck

3. Fonda Dix

Just checked. One quarter ounce of high end at a local dispensary is $40-$60. The same thing in an illegal state is $100-$120.

4. Fonda Dix

Wait. They can go through your phone just for crossing the border? That's fascist as f**k.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

No I live in Colorado it’s legal here bro you need to go to medicine man.

*I threw in the bro to make sure I get that stoner vibe going

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If you pay $100 for a quarter you are getting ripped off or just dumb. No one pays more than $80 on the streets unless you are at the beach or a dead show where the laws of supply and i wanna party intersect.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

$200 a oz. around here from any local dealer.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Genetics is where it’s at. Get into growing and perfecting your strains. No different then seed beans or seed corn. It’s all genetics.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Or ball bearings.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Environment is significantly more important than genetics.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

They go hand in hand. Ultimately environment is the most critical factor. You can control environment with inside grow houses. So generics become the area of greatest importance. At the end of the day it's all about potential.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That's a good price if the quality is on point.

13. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Way cheaper in FL,,,, high end for $90 an ounce, $1100 a pound on the street.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lower transport costs from the docks to FL :D

stk0308 and R1M370 like this.
  15. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Not in palm beach county, 285 an ounce and 1100 for a QP

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even in West Palm or is that just the rich folks pricing and the poor go out of county for theirs? :D

17. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

No idea, I'm up in northern county and I definitely ain't rich