1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas classic course the full 2.4 mile track.

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Apr 14, 2019.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I rode it this weekend going counter clockwise. Amazing track!!! I would love to race this configuration!! Mongo I dont see any dangers while running this track counter clockwise and using the full course. Any reasons WERA doesn't do this?

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Is it a new configuration?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a few spots that are hairier than the regular way we run it now and as cool as the shorter layout is I've never seen any need to add anything even if it's only a remote chance of an issue. Running it clockwise is out, the kink heading into the other section off the back straight is just too sketchy although they have put in more runoff I'm just not sure it's enough with the speed you're at by that point without airfence. I also have some pretty major concerns with our normal track going backwards - the current T1 is just too close to the pit wall to ever be viable so that means running what we use as pit lane, which is okay on what would be the last turn onto the straight but the second to last left is way too close to the fenceline/bushes. All that being said - I will look at it again in a couple weeks.

track wagon likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, been around forever. We've tried it before running clockwise and it wasn't viable.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

If I remember AFM run it backwards when they did one of race there. Think that is why that new section you use for pit out is added.

Newsshooter likes this.
  6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yep, I may be the only one in AFM history to crash in a race get re-teched and go back out to finish for points. New pavement was slippery, lost the front, picked it up and rode into pit lane, Barb and Shawn gave it a once over and sent me back out. :D

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Yes full configuration counter clockwise seems to be the only safe way I see it. Thanks for considering it, Very very fun to run it that way and the track flows better.

8. RPR

RPR Well-Known Member

Vegas local here, all the WERA race vids I saw from March were running clockwise. What direction are you running at the end of April?

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Clockwise it's the same as March

10. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

CCS ran in backwards with the extended south portion in 2004

Saw someone miss the kink just south of the normal turn 2 and reenter the track at a high rate of speed and just miss someone coming around the corner.

11. RPR

RPR Well-Known Member

Makes sense, thanks. I misread Mongo's post.

12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I can see that happening just put up a plastic catch fence.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Clockewise, same same.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not as easy or as much of a cure as it sounds - but also goes in the category of we have a great layout, I don't see just doing something different as being enough of a reason to change to a layout that has more issues.

And yet again because people get freaked when I point out things - I will absolutely look at it and get some input when we are there.

15. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Ok awesome thank you!!