1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 3 | USA | April 12 -14

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 8, 2019.

1. I didn’t get that one. Take a guy who’s so small he often can’t get heat in the tire to develop a bike. They probably said wtf once they sobered up but it was too late after the contract was signed.

2. Out of what? A mid pack at best finish?

3. They need to dig deep and hire a Gigi

4. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

What really struck me about that place is how great of a spectator track it is - it did not feel like going on some historic journey just to get to another area. Try to walk around Road America and you'll have a few birthdays before you make it to Canada Corner.

Newyork likes this.
  5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Last I checked, KTM was a factory team. He's no longer on the Tech 3 squad.

On a different subject, what happened to Toni's left eyebrow? Did Josh shave it?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I left out a key word.....competitive.

7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Not making any excuses :bow:
    Screenshot_2019-04-15-15-51-53-015_com.twitter.android.png

track wagon and ShadowBoxer like this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

scottn and HPPT like this.
  9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

He could have said that he hit the pit limiter by mistake:D

turbulence likes this.
  10. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering that myself. Anybody?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Is this what the Beeb has become?

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Back to the jump starts. No excuses for those two. The start is uphill, so you can't really claim the bike rolled. They were trying to get an advantage and lost their bet. How much higher up would Mav have finished without the extra "long laps" he ran that he didn't need to. I think it is about 3 seconds each so maybe 8th place? Still it was a good ride after a ride through to get back up to 11th. He was pretty much the fastest rider on track at the end of the race.

I love how close the championship is, although I am doubting it will stay that way for very long.

I hope the Yamahas can figure out how to keep up with Herrin and Tony, but that can all change at the VIR which might suit Yamaha a bit better.

BigBird likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That was an awesome race but as soon as Marquez fell I knew Rins was gonna win it. He was already gaining on Rossi before Marc went down and the Zook is obviously easier on the tires.

I'll be the first to admit i thought moto 3 to moto GP was amistake but Miller was a nice surprise and if he can stay focused i think he has the talent to be a contender in the future (on the right bike).

Jorge can't catch a break and probably hates Vinales lol.

Are there still aliens (besides Marquez)????? Seems like when he is off it could be anyone else's day.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Can you name anyone George-Hay doesn't hate?

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yes. And more.

16. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:^^THIS^^:crackup::crackup:

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Bummer watching Suzuki crash out in Moto3. That kid was / is devastated.

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Anybody else notice the amount of seating and real-estate available all around the track, even in the grandstands? For those who regularly attend this race, did attendance seem to be down?

I know it isn't going to hit the crowds that F1 generates, but man I was a bit disappointing to see the amount of seats still open in the grandstands and available real-estate in the grassy viewing sections.

Oh, and COTA should be embarrassed by those track conditions..........watching them shoot down the right hander in turn 2 and having it look like they were launching down tabletops was awful.

This is supposed to be a world-class facility and the pavement looks like it fits in some abandoned streets of Detroit.

BROsiah, stk0308 and Phl218 like this.
  19. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Attendance seemed good to me. Definitely more than last year from my observations

20. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

And Marquez was 1 second off the lap record in those conditions, it's no wonder he wrecked himself out.

Also, these are the fastest people in the world, I can't think of any other racing series of that caliber that shows up. What I'm saying is they might not have a way of judging the condition of the pavement if there's two events (f1/gp) a year that really demands everything from the racing surface. Perhaps some of the ridesmart guys who run trackdays there 3 or 4 times a year have a better perspective on whether bumps like turn 2 are actually that noticeable at a much slower pace.

Robby-Bobby likes this.