1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Not even joking: I had Rins in there, and then I thought it sounded too silly to suggest Suzuki winning. I deleted his name and put Lorenzo's. I would have looked like an effing genius if I had posted my original message (and if I had actually heeded my own advice).

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

^ welcome to the league

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Unofficial Results From Round 3. @dsapsis will audit and make it official
    cota.PNG

@72westie did not have an entry. Defaulted to previous round.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Ouch fk i took a slide haha

6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Wow, 2nd highest score of the weekend (tied)?? I'm honestly surprised considering how much I lost due to Marquez, Crutchlow, Vinales, and Lorenzo lol I'll take it!

So if you don't put any picks in, you still get points, the same as what you got in the last round? That doesn't seem quite fair. What if you do really well in one round, then you might as well just stop playing because you're going to get the same each round? Pretty sure with the old official MotoGP league, you got nothing if you missed one...which is I never made it to the end, cuz I'd always forget a couple of rounds and then I'd give up lol

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Same picks, not same points.

BigBird, sbk1198 and Phl218 like this.
  8. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Doing my preliminary picks for the next race and I discovered ... last year Cal crashed *twice* in the Jerez race ...

Will he be going for three this year? :p

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Well I'll be... That's surprising. Didn't think I'd do that well. Still a BIG climb to payday though.

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Too early to think about payday. Badmoon with badass picks in a very difficult race. Will audit tonight.

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

This.

it's the "forgot to pick insurance"

not points guarantee.

in a rare case, it will give you the same points though.

BigBird likes this.
  12. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

Marc and Crutchlow skittled my results. I do not think 30pts from the lead is too bad at this point. A one really good weekend and I could, but wont, be back in it.

13. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I realize we already decided it so I'm fine with it for this year, but I think there should be some sort of penalty for forgetting...

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Maybe it reverts to the previous rounds picks, but only scores the top ten, or positions 3-15 or something like that? Just thinking out loud. doesn't bother me either way.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

i don't think there should be a penalty. look at it as safe bet.

last year, I tried, halfway hammered on a Sunday monring in the Austin VIP paddock, to put in my predictions on the motoGP website. major PITA on mobile.
    bit better for our interface now. *def. doable after 5 captain cokes before noon.* however, i had to call a buddy in germany to log in to my account and dictate him the picks last year.

if it would have just taken over the previous ones, i would probably not have bothered.

BigBird likes this.
  16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Chino52405 and BigBird like this.
  17. dsapsis

This is a lesson people (not picking on you, Dan). When someone proposes a change, and we deliberate, understand that the decision will be real and held to, and not reconsidered after the fact once it seems unfair through the eyes of actual implementation.

For the record, I was against it. I knew Phil was going to be halfway hammered sometimes and damned if I cared; I wanted to beat his ass.
    However, It passed and will hold court for the season. :D

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If I want to predict the final season standings and leave that as my pick every week, then why not? If you penalize people for not being able to submit a pick every week (life happens) then fewer people will probably join. It’s a good turnout, pick better if you want to win :Poke:

BigBird likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

just a reminder that we only score til position 15, so you don't necessarily need to position all the riders. But if it makes you feel better, continue on.

There's a lot of movement already in the first 3 races, so it's going to be fun a year.

20. dsapsis

Results have been reviewed and are confirmed. Interesting to note that not a single person picked Marc to finish anywhere other than 1st. He does seem to crash out of about 10-15% of races, sometimes while supposedly cruising at the front. Badmoon had awesome high picks for Rins and Miller, very close to spot on for Danilo and Dovi, and a solid lower card. That's how you get 'er done, folks.

On to Europe and one of my favorite circuits -- Jereth. Love the Andalusian backdrop. Anyone remember the 3-bike drama in Dry Sack last year? Here's a reminder: Dovi overcooks the corner passing Jorge, which forces both too deep outside and quite slow. Jorge recovers by going straight to apex, where Dani was following the tight line. Dani goes flying, Jorge careens off and smacks Dovi and they both go down. Everyone pointed fingers at everyone else. Dovi actually blames Dani for the crash. Wild.

BigBird likes this.