1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making America Great

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Buckwild, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Still not sure why you all are responding to posts not directed at you. You guys also waiting for Formula 1? I am super excited for a great race! :clap:

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Where are you watching it? (source)

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well then it helps when you quote the person you are intending to respond to....unless your intention was to be passive/aggressive.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

On the Grid 1:30 a.m.
    Race 2:05 a.m.
    East coast time.
    ESPN2

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hiya! I was talking to you. How are these kids rotten? Seems kind of a problematic characterization coming from someone who is helping them?

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh I hope you are having a fabulous time in Austin. We had such a great time in Indy a few years back. We splashed out for the ultra tix, which included overlooking balcony views, so at one point, I screamed out, "Uccio, te amo!" everybody looked up, including Valentino, which of course was my goal. Click!

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I was talking to my niece's husband at Thanksgiving about
    his teaching job at a school near Charleston and he was telling
    me the kids are really tough to deal with due to the inability
    to discipline them. He's teaching math but has had enough after
    two years.
    His last job was commanding the EOD battalion at
    Ft Bragg and he has problems with the kids at school.
    It's ridiculous.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Didn't I kind of mention why here?
    http://forums2.13x.com/index.php?threads/making-america-great.359641/#post-5513280

Not really problematic. What's the alternative, turn your back on an entire generation because some of them are bad and can't really be helped. You can't help every child because not every child want to be helped. As I mentioned in that post above, there are some that place a twisted sense of value and pride in ignorance, violence and generally shitty behavior.

It's nothing new really....is this hyperbole?

....if you find no intrinsic value in moral and good behavior (i.e. being good for goodness sake as the saying goes), you're never going to get through to that.

tl1098 likes this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It is. Suggestions for improvement. It has to start somewhere.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You're right.....but will it happen, I'm guessing it's going to get worse before it gets better.

There's insidious problems with this country's education system in a lot of inner city schools. Kids are intentionally NOT being held to disciplinary standards that they're supposed to. As long as there are budgeting constraints and the bottom line dictates everything.

This more or less encapsulates what I'm talking about. This scenario is played out in inner city school districts all across the country.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    cav115 and Motofun352 like this.
  11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Dang, I can't stay up that late. Just clicked over there and it's supposed to be qualifying but I see some sports highlights show.

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

DVR. It is really shaping up to be an interesting season!

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh WTF am I talking about, I got lost a little bit in my electric yellow haze. Fred screamed, "Come home!" to Nicky. His head snapped up, and his eyes were really blue. Yeah SPwhateveryournameis, soak it up, and relay your experinces as convenient. never forget that smile. Never.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't really have a clue, still trying to figure it out. But if you have another side to the coin that you'd like to posit I'm always interested to hear it :)

If you are still talking about the GP weekend @ COTA then thanks YZcatintheavatar, heading over to the track in just a bit.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes I did, and do. It is a wonderful experience. Breathe, deeply, take it in. I remember when Fred took a video of the first time I heard a Formula 1 car in Montreal. It was during practice, we were there for the weekend. I couldn't speak, my jaw was on the ground. I am so psyched for you! Even if you've been there before. It is wonderful, every time.

16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I hope it works.

But big picture, nationwide, good parents and family are the only real answer.

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.
    No one wants to see the real problem because we can`t solve it.

tl1098 and blkduc like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We can solve it.

No one wants to, though.

tl1098, XFBO and cav115 like this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

You are right. I have accepted they won`t.

That LE bron school sounds great? No.

School isn`t entertainment. The kids are supposed to be taught at home that self esteem comes from achievment, not constant ego boosting and lots of food and dancing.

School is for learning first. Work. There it is, that horrible word.

tl1098 and fastedyamaha like this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Exactly! There are so many hard working students in this district who get jack shit for the hard work they put in. These kids are being rewarded for being lazy and not working. It’s disgusting.