1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Sue WERA or her for anything you like and see what happens. That's the point. No one was terminated or not renewed for asking to see the books. That's ridiculous.

BTW...the books are available to see. Let me know if you need a new member/renewal form for the CMRA. Instructions on how to view the docs are posted on the CMRA member board.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I sign up can I see the books for the years central to this entire mess? As an aside, we raced with CMRA as guests once or twice and thoroughly enjoyed it.

VFR#52 and CMRA 270 like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

@CMRA 270 Still waiting...

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. CMRA 270

For?

Come on, you’re just looking to stir shit for fun. I get it...believe whomever you’d like, but as I’ve said...three judges now can’t be wrong. If you want to call 20 or so people liars and thieves, you’d better bring your A game.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you can't point out how wrong I was in my assessment...

What was that you said? Not even close?

Cmon, a guy of your obvious intellect can demonstrate to me, a mere plebeian, the plethora errors in my understanding.

6. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

Will be interesting to see what Harding does. He has another few days to appeal, which goes to Judge McBride. Incidentally, there aren't many judges as vicious to thieves as he is.

What Dye and company did was a fraud on the Court. They didn't disclose to the court the cmra is prohibited, by law, from reimbursing the directors for Harding's claims. If prohibited, it cant be a CMRA debt, much less used as the only basis to support bankruptcy.

You can't really blame Judge Morris for ignoring this. CMRA cries about a $5 gate fee increase, but ignores Dye's conduct, theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars, and generally being treated like bitches by the directors.

I really hope these guys, and Nancy, all end up in jail. It's richly deserved.

VFR#52 and motoracer1100 like this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I feel we will both have to sue to get our answers :D

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh noes! Then our memberships won't be renewed! :crackup:

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yet rather than calmly show the accuser the books that would exonerate the 20, the accuser was ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ""not renewed"" ( :rolleyes: ) and the club was run to bankruptcy from the legal fees to fight the accusation.

Brilliant strategy.

VFR#52, drop and pickled egg like this.
  10. CMRA 270

I just hope your butt stops hurting. That’s a long time to deal with that.

I might remind you that I was never implicated in any wrong doing. I know you’re barely good enough of a lawyer not to get caught up with n a libel case with your carefully worded vitriol. Give it a break.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

@CMRA 270

What's wrong? Need more time?

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. CMRA 270

I’m sure it was addressed ad nauseum in one of the other epic threads...

Look it up yourself.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you can't back up your "not even close" statement?

Why is this not surprising?

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. nigel smith

He will answer you if you produce evidence of a paid CMRA membership. Unless he doesn't want to, of course. I have no dog in this hunt but, if there is no evidence of wrongdoing, why not bare all and show your accusers to be the knaves and charlatans that you believe them to be.

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn. This thread is longer than the Harry Potter series.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. nigel smith

Eventually the last horcrux will appear. I suspect it is disguised as a set of financial records.

VFR#52 and R Acree like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

"The dog ate my 990's"...

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And the whole situation could've been resolved so easily.

If there was no wrongdoing, no malfeasance, no theft... then a simple audit of the books by a third-party accounting firm could have cleared up the whole thing.

BUT NO! The story being told is, "We didn't do anything wrong, but we're not going to let anybody see the books that will clear us because ... ???" Dick measuring contest? Hell, Who knows.

I almost think it would be better if there was embezzlement. At least that makes sense. It sucks, but it happens.

If the club was destroyed, vast sums squandered, just to prove some silly-assed point, then that's really sad.

badmoon692008, VFR#52 and drop like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I suspect that TX law also imposes fiduciary duty on the principals of the corporation, which means those who acted with malfeasance can personally be held civilly and criminally liable for the diminished value and costs of litigating the suits.

Director liability insurance won't cover intentional acts either, AFAIK, so those who fucked up get to own it, and the club gets to suffer the losses because the likelihood of these bad actors having the assets to make the club whole is unlikely.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I'm not in it, but dam are you not full of yourself.

Claim no wrong doing, bitch about the lawsuit, and then, threaten one. Classic pot and kettle.

VFR#52 likes this.