1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack on 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not fond of this "you can still kill a lot of people with low cap magazines" argument, because the logical next step is to ban semi-autos, or even everything that's not a single shot.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People around here have made fun of bump stocks forever and not sure anyone gives a shit about their banning. It is a stupid ban because just like Clinton banning decorative items it accomplishes nothing at all. Also doesn't matter who bans them, it's smoke and mirrors, nothing more.

stk0308 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally agree they can do as they wish. However the statement you referred to wasn't about his personal beliefs but about the job he is doing for his stockholders. Even just 1.7% of total sales is a hit.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Offset by the trend of primarily online sellers building brick and mortar... The survivors will learn to balance both.

5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

A lot of people are pissed about this ban. Not that they like bump stocks, it the precedent that they could "define" all semi-autos as a "machine gun" because it has the "potential" to become one. NRA made a "suggestion" that Trump have the ATF relook into them, ATF previously said TWICE they were legal and do not meet the definition of a machine gun, but now under an EO they 'had' to redefine the term "machine gun". Don Jr understands firearms, his daddy, not so much and relies on others about them.

Have to be on the registry before May 17, 1986 to be precise.

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

8. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I think the bumpstocks are stupid, but I don't support the ban of them. They are highly inaccurate, the guy in Vegas fired into a crowd of 22,000 people and less than 500 were hit with gun fire?

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Interesting that a device that cannot itself fire a single round is declared a machine gun. I wonder if other elements are also illegal (no idea if there are others)

jrsamples likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think it is classified the same as the auto sear in that the part does not fire the round but it enables more rounds to be fired faster. But I don't care enough to research it. My biggest concern is that once the grabbers manage to get something banned that gives them a toe hold to start trying to ban more stuff.

jksoft and jrsamples like this.
  11. charles

charles The Transporter

I believe you are correct in that possession of the 'full auto' (or selective fire) parts necessary to convert a semi-auto to full auto is illegal. The point of my post was similar to yours regarding 'the grabbers' using the bump-stock ban as a toe hold to ban AR15's, semi-auto pistols, silencers and legal purchase of full auto weapons. Further, me thinks that most citizens are under the impression that full auto weapons (and silencers or suppressors) are illegal, and this confusion might be preserving that right at least for the time being.

crashman likes this.
  12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Should there be?

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Yes.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

16. charles

charles The Transporter

I never have outrage. Regular ol' fashioned rage is all, thank you. Trump appears to have an intitiative going to take guns and/or restrict gun ownership, so that bothers me. How do you see it?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Senate Republicans = Trump?

18. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, most likely following the script set forth by the White House.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not willing to make that leap.

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Are you referencing the idea of Trump's agenda having strong pull on the Repub's in Congress?