1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julian Assange arrested in London

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave Wolfe, Apr 11, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

There's a Manning joke in there somewhere, I just know it. :crackup:

stk0308, gixxerreese and 600 dbl are like this.
  2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I feel that allowing Osama Bin Laden and al-Qaeda access to the battlefield reports during a war wasn't really a good thing.

3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Anyone care to comment how dude looked like a shrew after a long winter when he got popped this morning? It had to be hard to be in that building for damn near a decade.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, I though about that when the hints were being dropped last week. That's a long time in doors. Wonder if he can get credit for time served? :)

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

It's either on your mind or in your mouth. :D

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That's always been my take on his motivations. Seems like a weird dude but has good intentions.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I am struggling to see the difference between Wikileaks
    and the NYT or Washington Post.
    He published information from a leaker.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He published information.

NYT & WP publish select excerpts to fit their editorial biases.

Rebel635 and kangasj like this.
  9. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

When I see Comey Clinton and the rest of the traitors treated the same way. I’ll say he got what he deserved. Until then more of the 2 classes one that answers for law breaking and one that openly defies smashes phones and we get told they did nothing wrong class.

FrancisA and kangasj like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Asssssange was closer to being a journalist than the NYT or WP has been recently.

11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Fuck that guy. Hope he rots.

ineedanap likes this.
  12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I really have to ask..... why? What did he do that was so bad....publish the truth? Maybe if the government wasn't so incompetent their "secrets" wouldn't make it into the public sphere. He's not a U.S. citizen...what responsibility does he have to protect the U.S. government's secrets?

I, for one, don't like all the secrecy involved in the governments. God knows we can't count on the MSM to tell the truth or do any investigative reporting. Seems most of them are shills for the government. A free and honest press is a good thing....if we only had that.

FrancisA and 418 like this.
  13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Yes, the Pentagon Papers comes to mind.

14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Why do you say he's a spy? Educate me. Remember, there are a whole lot of dumbfucks in the government that were trying to say Trump is a Russian spy. Story sound familiar?

Did you see what the government's case is based on? It basically rests on whether he coaxed Manning into releasing more information that what he originally gave Wikileaks. He isn't being charged for spying that I've seen.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    FrancisA and WERA 904 like this.
  15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

It's not his job.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It all depends on what he did. If he assisted Manning or others in stealing classified information from the government that would qualify. This would include advice, training and facilitation in extracting the information. The spy masters are as guilty as the spies.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I thought this was interesting. Is it the whole story....I don't know. If that's all they got then fuck it, leave the guy alone. I'll say it again...it's not Assange's job to keep the government's secrets. Maybe if there weren't over 3 million people with security clearances this shit wouldn't happen...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...st-assange-hinges-one-critical-piece-evidence

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Could the DOJ is waiting to get their hands on him before adding further charge? UK will not expedite him if there is a capital offense charge.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Because my TV says so.

kangasj likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

From the video of his arrest and leaving the embassy all I got to say is "What a little bitch." He should have come out proud, holding his head up and acted like he had a 12 inch cock.

Instead he did that.