1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Relevant portion to the lawsuits

Irrelevant portion you're trying to cite

Why it's irrelevant

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So if someone wants to see the books, just kick 'em out?

Nice loophole.

The beeb needs a shit-stir emoji. :D

VFR#52 and E Reed like this.
  3. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

:clap:

Kinda weird there's not one...

4. Trunxgp1224

If I remember correctly that was one of peytons arguments, he threatened to sue to see the books and the board kicked him before he filed the paperwork. The argument before the court was that he was removed from the club incorrectly, which he was according to the clubs bylaws. Not sure what defense the CMRA lawyers had for that but the CMRA won that argument, enter Harding who was a current member when the papers were files. Regardless of his standing and participation in the club if the CMRA kicked him out that would most certainly look bad on the CMRA as it would seem they simply kick out anyone that trys to see the books.

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. CMRA 270

There is an important distinction here; Harding WAS NOT kicked out of the club, rather he was not RENEWED along with a few others. I don't personally have an issue with this as it's hard enough running the organization with an all volunteer management team which turns over several members each year. Members who sue other members, the club, the BOD etc. really shouldn't be welcome. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single organization of any type that wouldn't do the same.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So a member gets excommunicated for exercising one of the perks of membership.

Makes sense.

stk0308, VFR#52, busa99 and 1 other person like this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Kicking out/not renewing membership because the member wants the by laws followed. Yeah, sounds like and organization I want to be a part of :rolleyes:

Edit: The egg is fast. What he said.

VFR#52, busa99 and badmoon692008 like this.
  8. CMRA 270

Actually...for bringing litigation. Pick an organization you belong to and try it yourself. I would suggest your church or the YMCA. Hell, try WERA or your spouse...weird you guys continue to believe the "colluded with Russia" theory. Now you're suggesting that two federal judges and a state judge don't know what they're doing.

9. 600 dbl are

And now we're back to the circular argument you seem to avoid. Why was the lawsuit filed in the first place?

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

"Hey, Member-In-Good-Standing, you have the right to view the financials of the corporation in accordance with Texas law"

"Ok, show me the books."

"No."

"So you're going to make me file suit to see what you're legally obligated to show me?"

"Yup."

<files suit>

"Dear Member-In-Good-Standing, your membership will terminate at the annual renewal."

Is that about right?

stk0308, VFR#52 and busa99 like this.
  11. CMRA 270

No circular argument to it; the intent was to bankrupt the club (chapter 7 style) so that a new organization could be started. The original plaintiff told a member, a supporter of the original plaintiff told me the same thing.

12. CMRA 270

Actually...not close at all.

13. 600 dbl are

So CMRA did show the books and this is all a sham?

At what point in time were the books shown to the plaintiffs?

VFR#52 and badmoon692008 like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Anxiously awaiting your corrections...

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the evidence of collusion with Russia is in the CMRA books someone might want to check that out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Objection Your Honor, that testimony constitutes hearsay!”

(sorry, just couldn't resist :D)

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. CMRA 270

:D

Yeah, I can only speak for myself; not having the opportunity to go on record personally sucks, but that only serves my self satisfaction and not the bigger picture.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect high level view to me.

19. Trunxgp1224

Since the Inge lawsuit the club has changed it's stance on their books and records, the problem is that the club will only provide records back three years, which completely satisfies my involvement with the whole lawsuit going forward. However, the years in question are more than 3 years past so those records are off limits which is why I maintain interest in the whole thing.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

WERA is not a member owned organization. And I hope that my wife, being a cooperative member of our family organization, would let me look at her checkbook without threat of litigation.

VFR#52 and badmoon692008 like this.