1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Contract App Based Home Security w/Water, Temp monitoring?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Feb 12, 2019.

1. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

Beaucoup = too much, too many , see also Full Metal Jacket hooker scene- Alabama black snake.

2. I know what „beaucoup“ means, but it sure isn’t spelled „buku.“

3. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

gotcha

4. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

DrA5 and Phl218 like this.
  6. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

7. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

They have Zwave sensors for monitoring electrical usage. Would easily detect this kind of scenario

BigBird likes this.
  8. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

I use the Yi cameras at my camp, and after looking at options, went with two four-dollar thermometers from Wal-Mart to monitor temperature.

I have a camera in basement and can keep an eye on the entry door, the furnace pilot and the thermometer. The upstairs camera covers the three doors, the upstairs LP furnace and the second thermometer.

Since my camp's electric service is literally one line strung three miles through the woods, I went with a large (400 gallon) LP tank and two LP furnaces which do not require AC power to operate. In the event of an electrical outage, the heat will continue to stay on so long as the tank doesn't run out.

https://www.amazon.com/YI-Wireless-...i+home+camera&qid=1554927015&s=gateway&sr=8-8

I have used these for about three years, and have had no issues from a hardware standpoint. Only complaints are the "motion" detection is overly sensitive, and to remotely view you have to use your phone (not a laptop, etc.). All in all, very satisfied with the purchase.