Beto for president?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 2, 2019.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

2. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

So where do I get my 'Beto is a furry' bumpersticker??

G 97 likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

This doofus was in Ames at Iowa State University this week running his mouth about how no one can get healthcare, how global warming will destroy the planet, how college debt needs to be wiped clean, how the economy sucks and how teachers have to work two and or even three jobs in order to make ends meet. Oh and that kids being allowed to vote at age 16 is the answer to all our problems because they are the future. Just a smorgasbord of liberal crap. If one didn’t know any better Iowa is a shit hole and in a state of desperation.
    93E450EB-9E96-46C8-81CB-210D9E160AD0.jpeg 53B41B16-D39C-4315-A156-4A23660D0C0D.jpeg

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Maybe he can flap his goofy ass arms and make it all go away.

G 97 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The whole college loan thing is such bullshit. I paid mine. The grandson is living with roommates and driving a used car even while making okay money because he's paying his off. You took the fucking money, pay it back.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

He’s made it a point to hit all three of Iowa’s state universities, Iowa, Iowa State and Northern Iowa always wearing the specific universities hat. :rolleyes: Giving the same basic speech about eliminating college debt, saving the planet and decreasing the voting age to 16. All under a general umbrella message of how crappy the economy is.
    Oh and being a douche standing up on counter tops. :D

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

He is as stupid, pandering, and clueless as AOC but WAY less entertaining.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I am betting his degree is not in some crazy new age nonsense so he was not lobotomized at school. Good news is he will pay the debt off and go onto a great life not dependent on the whims of government.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's not working in anything close to the degree but he is paying his bills. All of that is influence from his Stepdad and then Evelyne and I.

sheepofblue likes this.
  12. sheepofblue

Was it at least useful? I have a EE but seldom have touched a wire. And when I did I was classified as an Systems Engineer Trainee despite being the site leader (there is MANY reasons EDS no longer exists :beer:) If it taught him how to learn, how to finish and got him in the door at places it was time well spent.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m on the fence on this one. I could pay them off, but I truly believe there will be forgiveness at some point, so I don’t pay any extra.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You will be paying regardless. The "forgiven" loans don't just disappear.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He might be paying or we might be paying, someone somewhere will definitely give those banks that money.

16. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Howabout forgiveness based on utility? Engineering, chem, medical, etc. forgiven.

Liberal arts, (fill in the blank) 'Studies', etc. - pay up.

Poli Sci, finance - double up the debt.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. You got the cash you pay the cash back. No I don't care what your interest rate is, you were an adult and you signed the papers. If you were stupid then you should pay for that stupid. Welcome to adulting...

stk0308 and sheepofblue like this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not me. At 65 I'm gonna turn Democrat, stop working and demand my share. Eff the millennials:D.

19. sheepofblue

Some free advice. Pay it off and move on with your life. Letting others control your destiny is never good and most government freebies require you to sell your soul. Just check into the various teacher paybacks scams. Pay it off then pay off everything else. Then be free and become rich. Or be the average person living check to check.....

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Meh. There was a lot of deception and other untoward things going on with those loans. Lots of kids are still getting pushed into them by for-profit schools who know there's no hope of ever paying them back. And if the government had stayed out of it in the first place, tuition rates would be half of what they are currently, if not lower.