1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Twins Master Cylinder BS...

Discussion in 'General' started by swiest152, Apr 4, 2019.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

That's what MotoAmerica was thinking. They thought they were doing everyone a favor by saying stock masters only.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, to be accurate, none of the aftermarket makers homologated their product for use with MA even after being contacted by MA repeatedly.

As for the rest, tech is not about legality unless they happen to notice it. It is up to the riders/teams to know the rules and make their machinery legal.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He is the one they noticed nothing more, he wasn't singled out.

BrianC636 likes this.
  4. swiest152

They only noticed after 38 other bikes went through tech?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, happens a lot. They aren't checking legality in tech. That is for after the race.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Rules are rules. No different then tech in AMA 600 or 750 SS back in the day for not having the inlet screens in place on the ram air inlets. Silly but pretty clear rule to follow. Can’t blame tech on this one.

turbulence likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

AMA use to check for legality in tech. Visually anyway. Ive been denied a tech sticker from air inlet screens to brake rotors befor. And I’ve witnessed several other times of riders ahead of me being denied a tech sticker for various other items etc.

8. drop

drop Well-Known Member

So someone competent enough to be a tech guy, looks at 39 bikes, and on the last one has a o shit moment?

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Doesn’t matter about any other bike. The tech guy still made the correct call. Any racer using after market parts should always carry the stock OEM piece in their spare kit anyway and have the resources and knowledge to change them back out if need be. It happens. Welcome to the big leagues.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Tech before races does not look for all legality of the bike, they just check few things. After race they check more, reason bikes go to designated area after the race.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

This was my first thought. One-off carbon fiber ram air systems, custom linkages, and all kinds of other stuff, but then an aftermarket master cylinder can't be used? You can legally add a ton of horsepower to them, but you can't use an equivalent braking system to slow it down?

Odd, but the rules are the rules.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:
    Exactly. It’s not MA place to homologate anything. It’s all up to the individual manufacturers if they want to participate or not. MA just outlines their requirements for a product to be legal for participation.

13. swiest152

I understand its up to the manufactures, my wording seemed like i thought it was the other way around.

14. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I'd rather be busted in tech than on the podium...

Pitmom42 and rcarson15 like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It can happen if you have time but it's not the main goal of tech. That's why there is parc ferme and then teardowns.

Pitmom42 and G 97 like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet one more time as y'all are either ignoring it or just don't like it - Tech is NOT about legality. Period and end of story. Our tech isn't. MA tech isn't. None of them are that I know of. You don't waste time checking legality of something you aren't totally sealing and controlling between then and the race.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can use them - if they have been through the homologation process. They are not outlawed but they have to be approved. Just like getting the older SV's allowed last year, before that point if you showed on a gen 1 you could not race it.

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Truth. We got a tech sticker, then the "oh by the way, that master..." as he was applying it..

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, I'd be glad they noticed at all.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ll never stop telling myself I could have won that AMA 600 SS race if not for having to re install the air inlet screens. LOL.