1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Isn't there rule that say you can run any forks from homologated bike. So you just take forks from one of those bikes that happens to have aftermarket cartridges in there :)
    It will match perfectly to that stock shock :D

Dave_SV likes this.
  2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Hey, you are the expert. Are you saying there should not have been bales there to provide more slide before the air fence? See, I thought, from the camera, that there was no A.F. there, just the wall. That's why I was glad for the bales.

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

No but Barney must had winglets like the WSBK guys then:crackup:

turbulence likes this.
  4. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

That's what I'm trying to understand, if the rulebook says refer to the list and the list simply doesn't exist should people assume no aftermarket suspension allowed? It gets a bit nuanced because there is a list for brakes but the list is blank which to me implies nothing except OEM or parts homologated for other bikes. According to the list you have to run homologated brake pads!

Again, going by the rules the brake issue is pretty straightforward (nothing but stock or homologated parts from other bikes allowed, shitty but that's the rule) but the suspension can't be correct. Like someone else said in Sam's thread, run stock suspension and protest your way up to 1st place!!

G 97 likes this.
  5. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

At least one of those was Hannah forgetting to turn her mic on. She did it halfway through an interview.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

If you go with a literal reading of the rule book, no one would be allowed to run any rear suspension including the stock suspension for Twins Cup. The stock rear suspension isn't on the list and you "must only use approved and listed units". So time for some hard tail twins racing! That would certainly make it exciting to see who could ride a hard tail SV650 or MT-07 the fastest. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Yeah... this was a new-to-her feature in her kit this year... they have always controlled all audio remotely with beIN the last two years. She won't let that happen again LOL

turbulence, Joe Remi and MELK-MAN like this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Not really. Approved list is for replacing OEM stuff.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're correct, I would not, at a current era WERA race. I absolutely would at a pro race.

Again, this is professional racing, you can either step your game up or you need to stay home.

Bad communication sucks sure but the end result is the rulebook is there, being able to cheat one year does not mean you can keep doing it. That is a silly assumption to make. Them working with the Twins class the first year does not mean the same leeway forever. Being caught out at the track has nothing to do with saving money or any of that stuff, not sure why you keep bringing it up. The rules as written try to do that, it is up to you to follow the rules.

turbulence likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the funny part is between everyone liking Barney and the brakes issue no one is truly bitching about the Ducati yet :D

Johnny B, MELK-MAN and G 97 like this.
  11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I guess you would have DQ'd the entire field for the suspension then as well.

drop likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

That may be true in reality, but 2.8.10.2 doesn't read that way.

So the entire grid should have been DQ'd for not having approved suspension?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There was/is airfence where she would have hit. The camera always screws with the way things look. I think the intent of the haybales is to knock down a bike/rider if they're still on two before they hit the airfence full tilt boogie. Not sure but I will find out. Overall they do a great job of placement for the pro stuff and I am not second guessing them. I do things a little different based on my own experience (and I go back and forth every time I think about knock down wall setups) but that's not saying it's the only way or even the best way.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they're all illegal and the rules are worded as such then yep.

Kris87 and turbulence like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People forget that ALL of the rulebook matters :D

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I guess the overall message then, is to quit racing the MA series and go back to club racing.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

ohh yes they are ;) Lots of comments regarding restrictions or "will see lots of ducati's in the class soon" . The bike is good Chis, Larry, Al, etc at motocorse build amazing stuff.
    The rider... is fuggin awesome.
    :)

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Give it more time. :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've already said this how many times? Yes. If they were all illegal then yes. If they were not then no. But all the rules matter and just referring to a tab on an excel sheet isn't enough. If I have time I will read the entire rules but probably not today.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought the message was to follow the rules and get your shit together if you're going to be a pro....

G 97 likes this.