1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What was changed in tire allotment for SBK? On Sunday Greg White mentioned that they used soft rears instead of the extra softs? Why?

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I suppose because they probably didn’t have any 160s since the twins are all supposed to be running 180s.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I distinctly remember two times I had no audio that wasn't a fs2 break. The interview Hanna did with Herrin and another time when she was on the grid doing interviews, both were silent. May have been more but I'm sure of those two.

4. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

If it's true that aftermarket suspension wasn't included in the homologation list should riders be DQ'ed for running anything other than OEM parts? Is there a difference between the approved list for master cylinders and list for suspension? This question is more out of curiosity than anything else.

I thought the coverage was great and enjoyed watching the racing.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The only thing I would change about the show is they need much more time on the grid talking strategy and interviews. Like Brundle with F1 and Whitham with BSB. Walk the entire grid back to front and speak to a couple of riders.

Too much of it is a long static shot from a mile away with Greg blathering about whatever. They do it every time. Don't care. Show the bikes and put names to numbers. Just my opinion.

Great show regardless!

Joe Lopez and badmoon692008 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. That is club racing excuses and reasoning.

There was no need for a bulletin - every last one of you could see the list and it was empty.

Again, you want to be pros then act like pros. The rules were out there and clear. If you weren't sure you have phones and emails to ask about the empty brakes list.

And I keep being told I have no clue about pro racing :crackup:

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Never have I agreed more with what you have said. What's the world coming to.

03RumbleBee and Robby-Bobby like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They saw a couple of potential issues best I could tell so erred on the side of being sure things would be okay.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No idea, I'm not running a Twins bike/team so I have not dug through those specific rules. If it is indeed true that no aftermarket suspension has been homologated and it is required for suspension then yes, those running aftermarket could be DQ'd.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're finally getting older and wiser?

:crackup:

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Here you go trying to ruin it again!

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I have a 675R brembo on one of my SVs and it works great

13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

When it takes MONTHS and multiple emails to get a response from Morse you quit wasting your time...
    You can see things however you want, I see them differently. Over half of the field had to source parts at the track to overcome the last minute hurdle. No way does any form of racing benefit from crap like that, proffesional or not. This wasnt about saving the racers money, it was about Morse trying to make a statement at the expense of the racers and the show.
    Rumor is he comminicated his intentions to Tigert at a track day over a month ago, failure to communicate it to the rest of the competitors in the same time frane is unproffesional and biased.
    You may be a asshole and we may dissagree on this, but I really doubt you would have acted in a similar matter leaving every competitor scrambleing.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Are you bitching about bitching? :D
    If so, I agree. :)

ekraft84 likes this.
  15. Dave_SV

I just downloaded the excel sheet from AMA to look for myself. There are tabs at the bottom of the file for each class and their respective parts which have been homologated. There are tabs for SB suspension, SST, SSP suspension and WSS300 suspension but nothing for Twins Cup (screenshot attached, relevant tabs highlighted in lower left-hand corner).

The tab for Twins Brakes is there but there is no info listed. I can see how that would mean nothing has been homologated for brakes but what would be your take on the suspension portion??

I believe everyone should follow the rules and not just assume things are the same as they were last year. The brake issue is cut and dry to me but not the suspension.

I guess it all depends on how the actual rulebook is structured. MA list.jpg

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

What are the chances of a light weight twins class resulting in so much whining and complaining?
    I’m shocked. Nothing changes, :crackup:

stk0308 and ekraft84 like this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Does the Monster have one of those trick MotoGP rear tire cooling devices on the swingarm? If so, I'm sure that is the only reason that Barnes was able to pull off the win.

03RumbleBee, MachineR1 and turbulence like this.
  18. Dave_SV

Looked up the rulebook, relevant section for Twins suspension says if it's not on the list you can't run it, nothing covers what happens if there is no list...

MA suspension.JPG

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well in all fairness if there is nothing to place on the list, it’s impossible to have a list.
    No list = no aftermarket parts are eligible.
    I certainly wouldn’t find this to be difficult to understand.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

troof