1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You should pay for the live thing, well worth it.

turbulence, Banditracer and MXjunky like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss and I watched both days on the big screen. It's as tall as you are :p

You're just grumpy and wrong - MA owning all of their coverage and having full control is better than BeIn.

alan, YamahaRick, TurboBlew and 9 others like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Skill was involved for sure but mostly luck - it looked like his bike hit the rut from an earlier runoff that popped him more upright and aimed the right way.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That was my thought. At least her bike hit them first so it broke them up a little bit and she didn’t hit them solid.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had to nuke some facebook peeps yesterday for the incessant bitching - all of which was answered on the MA page about when the feeds would be up and so on. Then they started whining because the audio cut out at times during the SB race - well not shit people, pay attention and you'll notice that's when they went to FS2 commercials....

The bitching is beyond stupid - and yes that includes Dave. The whining is baseless. The online package is the way they need to go to attract fans - yes attract not just make current ones happy. The TV shows being own two totally different networks is huge. 30 minutes of a race in a 90 minute slot works just fine as it helps the people watching get more background to help make them long term fans.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure every issue you saw is trying to get the FS2 feed into the Live+ feed. The no sound times were commercials. No need to swap back over from the GW/JP output to the track announcers for those.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Between the fender and the hole in the screen I was wondering if he didn't hit someone on the warmup lap.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. Not sure where they get it from. No way he was 10 faster than the rest.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've heard both out of locals.

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I have serious issues with the Master Cylinder Fiasco.
    Morse knew and planned on making a issue out of this over a month ago, not communicating that parts that were allowed the previous season would not be until all competitors were at the track leaving twenty plus riders scrambling for parts just so they could race is straight up DMG bullshit that put every rider in the field at risk.
    This bullshit hurt the show and contributed significantly to the crash that Kris sustained during Q2. The bike jumped out of gear after a down shift and most likely kris would have went down regardless, however with the Brembo we ran last year odds are he would have been able to scrub significantly more speed before running off due to the larger bore of the brembo providing more feel and less brake pressure ultimately. Thank god for JU’s airfenceamd all that have donated for it.
    If it hadnt been for some of the best people in the Paddock, Chuck, Melissa and Josh we would have likely not even made it on track for Q2, after dropping a valve in the first practice and scrambling to fix it we were the last team looking for a substitute and none we left. Josh took the one off of Melissa’s bike for us and replaced it with another that was legal for SSTK.

We have a lot of work to donto be ready for VIR...

noles19 and Joe Cupido like this.
  11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

My only thought was since it was the first lap he may have gotten a hella super draft off multiple other bikes. Jason also cleared 140 by drafting Draik.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Grunt rocks. More grunt rocks more. People keep insisting it's all a tope end track and that's never been true.

I personally would give the Duc another weekend or two before looking at changes.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys wanna be pro racers this is part of the gig...

G 97, ekraft84 and turbulence like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because it is pro racing and if you want your parts legal you have to pay the sanctioning body to get them to allow those parts. Or at least submit to the sanctioning body that you want them allowed so they can approve them or not and let everyone know those parts are cool.

Brembo has had them approved for other classes so not like they don't know how to do it. Guess they didn't expect the twins to run them.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

RTFRB. Enforcing rules that are clearly written is not DMG bullshit. It is not remotely like they changed the rules the day before the event. The rulebook was out there - you getting away with cheating all last season is NOT a reason they should just allow it now.

Blaming the brakes for Kris crashing makes no sense.

This is professional racing. You all wanted so much to be big time, well welcome to it. You are professional teams and you should have your shit together and know the rules and regs inside and out.

Yeah I know I'm an asshole for daring to say this out loud but it is still the truth.

03RumbleBee, zrx12man, alan and 9 others like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, since he was doing 140 most of the time it makes sense.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wait doesn't MA check tires like in the other classes? And why would the fitter at the tire truck fit the wrong tire?

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Sorry but that’s a bullshit comment. The race officials have discretion to make reasonable allowances in cases where companies didn’t get parts homologated for the “builders class”. They used that discretion throughout 2018 and then Thursday at 5pm, they told one rider they were no longer going to use that discretion and Twins were due on track 1st thing in the morning. That’s shouldn’t be part of the Pro experience. A bulletin would have been easy to send if there was going to be a change of approval. If there was a new protest from a competitor that was going to be lodged, I sort of get it, but a bulletin still could have been used (sort of like the SBK tire allocation change that came out Friday).

If there was only a few bikes that missed this nuance, I get it, but I would say over half the field had to make a brake change at the last moment. Multiple riders commented on brake feel and arm pump (go watch the post race interviews). How this was rolled out and communicated created more risk and did nothing to lower the cost or improve the competitiveness.

SundaySocial and turner38 like this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It can be done, but why do it?

20. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Yes, you guys had some issues and thank god your son was ok after the off track excursion. But being a glass half full type of person, at least you're not looking for addition speed or rider ability! You put your bike on pole, that's a win in itself even though others will say it doesn't pay points. The rest you can fix by VIR. Good look to you and your team as the season progresses.