1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by renegade17, Apr 3, 2019.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

TV coverage was proper, looked like a good crowd, bummed I wasn't there in person.

Great opening round for MA.

cajun636, Steeltoe and TurboBlew like this.
  2. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

O can't say enough good about the streaming, coverage, and racing. Only thing is I missed two workouts this weekend because there was so much racing to watch.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Isn't the superstock race and twins race still coming on the live stream?

4. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

S. Mesa looking very profesional this weekend, love the suit

2OLD2BFAST and MXjunky like this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

the stock1000 race just finished. The twins starts at 4:45 according to the schedule.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Mesa suit is epic. And yes both races are live.

2OLD2BFAST likes this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Dustin: "it's rental":crackup:

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

This hotpit announcer is killing it. :D

9. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

loving the grid interviews for the twins:beer:

Joe Lopez and cajun636 like this.
  10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Consistent 35s in twins :eek:

11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I don't think Barnes used more than 3/4 throttle after the first lap......I think MA may be handicapping that Ducati at some point.

MXjunky and cajun636 like this.
  12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Helluva job by Draik!

Metalhead, r6boater, cajun636 and 6 others like this.
  13. redtailracing

Did anyone catch who hit 146?

14. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

15. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Draik

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

That's age discrimination dammit!

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

18. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

How could you not like the twins? Great looking bikes and riders looking as professional as any other class. The personalties on that grid are just as awesome. I would pay $50 a year to just watch them. I had to pay $11 a mo. ($132 a year) to get bein sports and then it was not even offered any longer on direct TV so the MA live deal is a steal. Barnes made that look easy but Parrish is so good its stupid and his bike and leathers look as good as any out there. Kris Turner isn't helping the "bunch of SV shitboxes" rep for the twins (just kidding, you gave it hell and had shit luck so good luck at VIR).

Oh, and someone made a no Yamaha's in the top 10 if it stays dry prediction. How about 2 in the top 5 equalling the the 2 SV's up there. Too bad Robby Bobby wasn't out there or it would have been 3 MT07's running well. Draik did a great job and I'm sure he will get faster as the year goes on. The Yamahas do not lack straight line speed, thats for sure. Maybe we should do a go fund me to get his bike painted and his front wheel matching the rear! Again, just kidding and I know pretty doesn't equal fast. Bummed I won't see you guys next week at COTA, but can't wait to see what happens at VIR in few short weeks.

If you are a true motorcycle road racing fan, the $69 for the MotoA package is worth every penny.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  19. redtailracing

That was my prediction and I will gladly eat my words. Lots of fast guys on SVs this weekend and I wasn’t sure how competitive the Yamaha would be with the new rules. But Draik rode his ass off and I’m super stoked to see a solid result from him yesterday and an even better result today. Jason rode well today too. And I would like to point out draik also broke the old track record today (just not by as much as the other guys). The pace today was unreal all the way back through the top 5. Hats off to those guys.

20. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I assumed it was a fluke, but it was draik who clocked the speed. Closest I saw to that was Blasius at 141mph.

Matt kamman likes this.