1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Just in case you missed my post a few weeks ago, PSA still has them on sale for $120.....best deal I've found on them. I'm actually thinking about buying another for my future AR pistol build.

lizard84 likes this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

We can’t keep the new Glock 43X’s or the sig 365s in the case. Love those two new guns.

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:) Thanks, I ordered another along with a nickel BCG.

XFBO likes this.
  4. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Talon grips. Fixed the problem.

https://talongungrips.com/grips/springfield/

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I heard the G43 was the best selling gun ever made.

6. Quicktoy

The 43 has a long way to catch up to the numbers of the Glock 19.

rk97 likes this.
  7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

finally shot my gen 5 glock 19. Shoots pretty nice but dang I do not care about shooting pistols at all.

16.5” barrel on Tikka CTR . Took it out to 1k and back. Not going to dial much with the Leupold but it did great. Balances really well and will be a badass hunting rifle... now I think I can finally buy a target rifle and feel bad about not hunting with it

[​IMG]

XFBO and rk97 like this.
  8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Did you end up with the VX5-HD?

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

CY, get a jug of Evapo-Rust (Lowe's/HD/Walmart).
    Drop the gun in, walk away. Come back next day, rinse thoroughly with water, blow dry and lube. All the rust will be gone, exposing any real damage.
    Evapo-Rust® - The Best Rust Remover, Rust Stop, and Rust Neutralizer

Check out a Walther PPK/S (stainless), or a Colt Govt Model . 380 in stainless. Both are classic designs worth considering for the ergos. The weight of stainless helps control recoil.
    Finding a stainless Colt govt model, not a Mustang or Pocketlite, will be pricey.
    In the PPK, weight goes up 2 oz in stainless. Doesn't sound like much until you consider that weight in terms of wheel weights...2 oz is 8 squares of lead. Stick those weights to a plastic gun and see how nicely it shoots. lol

10. Steak Travis

Yeah. I could see my hits at 1k and it tracked true from 100-500-600-750-1000-100 also 100-200-300-500-100. Though I don’t plan on using it for a ton of dialing. Just hunting and dial if I want to take a long shot. But I’ve got my dope for it confirmed out to 1k.

I’m going to borrow my dads tikka with a NF and use it for a match on June 1 and see if I like shooting matches. Then I might get a scope and rifle for that but we’ll see. Probably just a Bergara HMR and another athlon Ares ETR.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think it meant fastest selling. First year numbers were impressive.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I echo those thoughts on the gen 5 G19. I have literally no complaints about it, but i only shoot it to stay proficient (i carry it) and because it’s cheap to shoot and cycles everything. ...and i got first responder pricing on glocks at my last job, so it seemed like a waste NOT to buy one.

Handguns are just something i tolerate for the sake of concealability. Rifles are so much more fun.

13. Quicktoy

Pump shotguns are always my go to. I keep a 10” sawed off with a can on it by my bed.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If you don't mind my asking, where you shooting out to 1000'? Strategic Edge?

15. Steak Travis

Yep! I usually get out there around 7am when I go and am usually the only one there for the first hour or so.

XFBO likes this.
  16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nice, I've been talking to some guys about longer rifle ranges and that place in Chapel Hill came up, is that the place that requires a membership?

I watched their video on Utube, nice place!

17. Steak Travis

Yeah it's like $225 a year but get on the wait list and at some point they'll email you about going through the safety orientation and new member info. It's a nice place with good people and worth it to me. The owner and I talked this morning for about 30 mins just hanging out, he's a nice guy. They also have some good classes on reloading, precision shooting and others. There are some matches that are open to the public that you could go to, if you wanted to check it out

XFBO likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Awesome. Ordered one too!

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

YW knucklehead.

Check out their prices on Remington Thunderbolt.....I just picked up 2000 rds for .03/rd shipped..... cheapest I've found yet.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I was hoping their matches were open to the public, sounds like it'd be a fun ride to go spectate!

I take it they're club matches?