1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Twins Master Cylinder BS...

Discussion in 'General' started by swiest152, Apr 4, 2019.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

So the word from Atlanta is that MA didn't homologate any master cylinders for the twins class. At tech they let everyone through except the very last bike which was Curtis Murray who they busted and told him he needs a stock master.....

jd41 likes this.
  2. Goodnight142

Goodnight142 Active Member

Unbelievable. One of the most exciting classes to watch and so many bikes will be off the grid based on that decision. I hope motoamerica does the right thing and allows the guys to race and put a show on for the fans that paid to watch their favorite racers. Upsetting to hear this...

Phl218 likes this.
  3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Seems to me someone has something against Murray. I promise he isn't the only bike with an aftermarket master.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Wow. That sounds like a real mess. I hope they get that sorted out.

Or if not everyone better have stock MCs for the next round.

5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Seems pretty straightforward to me as the rules are pretty clear.

Participants in the Twins Cup season may use the following front brake parts:
    i. The originally fitted and homologated front and rear master cylinder and calipers
    ii. The front and rear master cylinder and calipers from an FIM homologated
    Supersport or Superstock 1000 machine
    iii. The front and rear master cylinder and calipers from the Twins Cup approved list
    iv. Any combination of the above

Phl218, rcarson15 and BigBird like this.
  6. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

Sounds like he just has to put a r6 master on and he would be good. It doesn’t have to be SV - see rule two. The r6 master is a big upgrade from stock SV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So are most guys running master cylinders from other motorcycles and this guy has an aftermarket one on, and thats why he got busted?

8. swiest152

he wasn't the only one who went through tech with a non-oem master cylinder.

They have aftermarket master cylinders homologated... just not for twins class. The word is Brembo units will be on the list for twins by VIR.

9. swiest152

Yea, I know all this... I said he needs a stock master, I didn't say it needed to be a stock SV master.

The point is... we have superbike rules for twins class but as of right now need oem master. Then out of no where they noticed they forgot about the approved parts list for twins class (they didn't have it last year either). So really, anyone with aftermarket suspension should getbusted too.

They had no approved parts list last year, they have no list year so racers just assumed they would be safe with what they ran last year.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I agree, but I do have two questions. I can’t tell in the rules if the approved parts list for brakes covers twins or not. The spreadsheet just says “brakes”. It seems like it applies to all classes in which case two models of Accossato master cylinders are allowable.

And second question for anyone really, what are the approved suspensions for Twins? I don’t see any approved parts for that though the rules say info has to be submitted for all suspension parts that are within the cost limits.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Rules sound pretty straight forward.

I like him a lot and if he got busted then good on tech for doing their job. If someone else is illegal then file a protest. Simple as that. It’s what times are for.

It is silly though that the class is a “builders” class with almost as much trickery as SBK but the master can’t be aftermarket

12. swiest152

Rules are very straight forward. Can't argue that.

But they didn't enforce this approved parts list last year at all. (mainly because it didnt exist) They didn't release a parts list for twins cup class. And they pick on a single guy when 39 bikes come through tech.

jksoft likes this.
  13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Sam, I blame this on you for overlooking it. You dropped the ball here. :)

track wagon likes this.
  14. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

There is a "Brakes" tab, but there is also a "MotoAmerica Twins Brakes" tab that is blank.

And yea that's the other problem - it says you may use approved suspension, but nothing on the sheet. Show up with a stock shock and protest your way to a win!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    badmoon692008 and track wagon like this.
  15. Champer

I have an email to MA Tech dated this time last year asking about power commanders, because the twins were not listed as being able to use them. The sheet is updated now, but not sure when during 2018 they ever did add in the aftermarket fuel controllers for twins (not sure they ever did).

16. 2blueYam

I am guessing aftermarket shocks would eliminate at least 80% of grid if they enforce that. That would not be a good thing for MotoAmerica, the racers or the fans wanting to see a heard of 39 rumbling twins heading into turn 1.

17. Champer

Probably 100% have you ever looked at the stock shock of a SV or FZ07?!

18. swiest152

80%.... no, 100%. there's not a single stock shock on the grid.

rcarson15 and track wagon like this.
  19. 2blueYam

I was being conservative and did say "at least". Remember this is the class of the cheapo - clapped out SV racers. :D

track wagon likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

"May use"?
    They should say "shall use" if they don't want you to use other than what they list.

backbone and Hordboy like this.