1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vortex rear stand gp style conversion

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Nathan Seethaler, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Nathan Seethaler

Nathan Seethaler Active Member

Anyone ever made GP lift style spools their vortex rear stand? I know pitbull and woodcraft have gp lift stands, but I can get a serious discount on vortex and want to see if anyone has made or bought something compatible. I hesitate to make anything because the weight of the bike goes into those spools!

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

All they use is 6061 aluminum. No different than what you can buy.

3. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on buying a new rear stand this year because the Vortex one is garbage. It's not worth the discount. The $20 one I had off ebay before it is preferable. Go for pitbull or woodcraft.

4. Nathan Seethaler

Nathan Seethaler Active Member

Even if the discount is free? Are they unstable? What dont you like about them?

5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I mean if they're free then I'd take them :crackup:. They're a bit wobbly even when fully tightened down, and the leverage on them is garbage, just a bad design. Most people in my pits can't even get my bike up onto the stand because you need to use so much force, and that's without me sitting on it or anything.